Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
This is from a few weeks ago. The part that got me most, before I took the shot, is I looked back at my work area after a night of working. It occurred to me that for those who work in the digital media field, we really don't see a physical sign of our progress. All we get at the end of the night is the glow of our screen and maybe the old fashioned notebook laying around. Much different from a carpenter, whose progress can be viewed by anyone at anytime.

Last edited:

kalisphoenix

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
Gorgeous shot. Gorgeous. I say throw it on Interfacelift or digitalblasphemy, if you haven't yet. It honestly makes me want to get the @#$% off this messageboard and back to work... but I can only stay up another forty minutes at most, so I guess I'll piss it away...

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Great shot, FrankieTDouglas. Another interesting thing I saw was the name, "The Notebook" and in the photograph there are two notebooks: a traditional paper notebook and a notebook computer. Almost like two objects in one. Yea I know that doesn't make much sense, but I can't explain it to well. It's more of a concept thing. Like you're using the name in a singular sense, but in a way are describing two things (plural). Yea anyways, nice photo! :)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
beautiful shot, is the the full size? if not could you email it to me? i would love to use it as a desktop eonapocalypse3 (at) gmail (dot) com!

thanks!

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
FrankieTDouglas said:
This is from a few weeks ago.

Really a great shot.

Imaginative, well composed (you could crop a tiny bit of balck off the top, but that's nit picking on my part) and exceptionally well exposed. Not easy do do on shots like that.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Love the photo and processing and the mood it generates.

Only one minor complaint. Why would the screen be angled in that particular fashion, other than to provide the dramatic lighting?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Lacero said:

Only one minor complaint. Why would the screen be angled in that particular fashion, other than to provide the dramatic lighting?

being finished at the end of the day i often leave my screen like that while music is still playing from my laptop, or i close the screen like that if i don't need to sleep it, but need to concentrate on something else with no distractions

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Lacero said:

Well, I didn't want to put the computer to sleep because some stuff was downloading in the background. I have a habit of half-closing the lid when I'm done but want to keep it running. That happened in this case. I merely took a picture of what I saw when I walked back into the room before going to bed. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.