The Notes app is an eyestrain. (With a question)

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2012
The yellow used in the Notes app is a grotesque eyesore. I'm surprised that Apple finds it acceptable. The app auto highlights every type of number I put in it, and turns it from black to yellow. It's difficult to read. Is there anyway to turn of the linking/underlining of times and dates (that's also found in the messaging app)?

David126

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2013
You mean ios 6 note app? I actually thought it's easier on the eyes than the white ios 7 version.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Yeah, I agree... I like the soft paper texture but it should be like the Mavericks Notes app... Please, Apple?

Adamsappel

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2014
Notes is an amateur app and a big laugh compared to MS OneNote or even the Notes in MS Outlook. Rather pay and use Devonote.

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Notes is an amateur app and a big laugh compared to MS OneNote or even the Notes in MS Outlook. Rather pay and use Devonote.
Absolutely! And if you're a professional note-taker you should get a professional note app with professional features. For those of us who want to write down the name of a movie or someone's address, iOS Notes suffice.