The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Advertise Here, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Advertise Here macrumors newbie

I'm running the 24" dual 3.06 ghz iMac with an NVIDIA 8800gs, bootcamp partitioned with windows 7 (32bit) and snow leopard.

First off, I just want to say that it works perfectly well, no problems with the bootcamp software, windows 7 works like a dream (but is no mas os, obviously). The only problem I am having, however, is when I try and update my nvidia drivers.

The bootcamp nvidia drivers are fine, but I have recently been getting the general protection fault when playing mass effect - causing it to crash fairly often. To remedy this, I tried to install the latest nvidia 8800gs driver from their website. Every time I try, be it in safe mode after uninstalling the current drivers, manually or just running the executable, I keep getting the same message in the title.

I tried searching the forums for a remedy, and there are some similar cases, none I have found thus far have been able to get this working for me. I even uninstalled all the bootcamp files under windows 7, still didn't work. Is there currently some issue with the mac-model 8800GS?

2. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I have the same iMac and used the mobile win7 64bit drivers from nvidias website. Works perfectly with all my games. I'm running bootcap 3.0 drivers with the exception of running the nvidia gpu driver.

Cheers,

3. Jottle macrumors 6502

This issue happens on macbook pros when using bootcamp and trying to install nvidia's latest drivers. Here is one solution you can try:

I usually go to laptopvideo2go.com and download the modified driver files from there. It will let you install the nvidia drivers on your mac without an error. (select the "drivers" link at the top of the laptovideo2go home page)

Same advice here: click

4. aki macrumors 6502a

this is a repeat but

I have the same mac but with Win 7 64-bit. The NVIDIA website drivers installed perfectly (for GS8800M or whatever the real video card is - I keep forgetting).

However, before I ran Vista 32 and the real NVIDIA drivers would never install, same problem as you

The best solution is laptopvideo2go.com, as above. The modified inf will let you install the proper drivers.

It's worth the effort, they definitely run better.

(Also of course make sure you have the latest bootcamp.)

5. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus