iPad mini The Official Apple Mini 4 Leather Cases..where are they?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by leebroath, Sep 16, 2015.

1. leebroath, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015

leebroath macrumors 6502

leebroath

At the moment Apple are only selling the Silicone Case, which by the way isn't a case it's a back cover - and also selling a smart cover...put these together and it costs you £79 and they aren't even made of Leather!!! :(

The leather cases for the Mini 2 are £55 and the Poly cases are £29, so I presume the when Apple do release the Mini 4 cases (made of Leather) they will probably cost £100 or do you think will they won't release Leather this time round?

Am I missing something or are Apple deliberately not releasing the Leather to cash in on the higher expensive combined case and cover?

2. USCJohnnyP macrumors newbie

I agree 100% here in the States, it's $70 for a leather smart case for the mini 2. The mini 4 case and cover cost $100. Not worth it. I ordered them when I preordered my mini 4, but will return them and use a sleeve until better case options are available.

3. leebroath thread starter macrumors 6502

leebroath

I think Johnny I will be doing the same, if Apple think they can sell a Leather case for a £100 (guessing of course) then I'll be sourcing a far cheaper option. I absolutely loved my Leather case for the Mini 2 but will have a change of heart if it's @ high cost

I have also been told that that the Mini 3 and 4 are the same dimensions so the 3 cases will work...

I don't know if that's correct because when I search for cases it suggests that the 1,2 and 3 are the same size and the 4 has new dimensions which make it longer and thinner

that advise came from an Apple employee by the way

4. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

5. jrs22 macrumors 6502

6. newellj macrumors 601

Based on the dimensions posted on the Apple web site, I'd be shocked if the Mini 2/3 cases will fit the 4.

7. leebroath thread starter macrumors 6502

leebroath

Still only one 3rd party case on Amazon uk :(

Edit, ooops was only looking at Prime delivery cases

8. jschu22 macrumors regular

Mini 3 cases will absolutely not work. The outside demensions may be the same but there is a significant thickness difference.

9. Number-Six macrumors 6502

Number-Six

The outside dimensions are not the same

iPad Mini 4 = 8 inches tall
    iPad Mini 2 = 7.87 inches tall

http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/