The official "Didn't get Tiger on the 29th" Thread

iGary

Guest
Original poster
May 26, 2004
19,583
0
Randy's House
Well, here's where I am as of 7:46 EST:

Apr 28, 2005
11:39 pm
Left FedEx Ramp
MIDDLETOWN PA*

If I don't get it today, I'm headed for Clarendon tonight to pick it up. I'll be the dork with the green PodBrix 1000 shirt if any other Macrumors members are going. ;)
 

Sox

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
187
0
Mine got shipped from Middletown, PA to Memphis, TN last night. It is now awaiting distribution, with a delivery date of May 2nd. I live in PA.

Riddle me that.
 

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
6,639
2
I prefer just to pick up a copy at a local reseller. You can usually reserve one ahead of time, and it'll be ready on the same day. I hate waiting. The expense of freight, handling and processing is unnecessary in this day and age. But if you live in a remote location, I'd say Bittorrent could be your friend. Can you tell I'm for electronic distribution?
 

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
4,715
4
London, England
IT'S OUTRAGEOUS, MINE'S NOT HERE.....

Oh wait....

I didn't order it.

Not going to till ProTools runs and they get to about 10.4.1, I have too much going on to risk losing a month to bad drivers for hardware or unstable apps.

I've got it running on an iMac at work, but it's not going anywhere near the powerBook till everything runs perfectly.
 

dirtymatt

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
36
0
I've gotten the "We're sorry but we screwed up" e-mail, like so many other people in the Mid-Atlantic region who also ordered Tiger on the 12th. Right now I'm waiting a bit before I call Apple to complain.
 

iGary

Guest
Original poster
May 26, 2004
19,583
0
Randy's House
dirtymatt said:
I've gotten the "We're sorry but we screwed up" e-mail, like so many other people in the Mid-Atlantic region who also ordered Tiger on the 12th. Right now I'm waiting a bit before I call Apple to complain.
Well the local depot is here in Crofton. I'm hoping it made its way from PA to Crofton last night and just hasn't posted yet. The FedEx guy is gonna get attacked when he comes into our complex. :D
 

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
21,652
123
WinterMute said:
IT'S OUTRAGEOUS, MINE'S NOT HERE.....

Oh wait....

I didn't order it.

Not going to till ProTools runs and they get to about 10.4.1, I have too much going on to risk losing a month to bad drivers for hardware or unstable apps.

I've got it running on an iMac at work, but it's not going anywhere near the powerBook till everything runs perfectly.

I can't understand the fuss that people are making about this. Who actually NEEDS Tiger today?

I'm also tired of hearing the moaning and whining from early adopters who never backed anything up that have torrented Tiger saying it's broken this or that....

Mine's pre-ordered. It'll get here when it does... it's not going anywhere near my work partitions until it's thoroughly tested with a bunch of apps.

Never rely on point zero of anything.
 

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
32,194
6
Adelaide, Australia
well, I just picked mine up. I just got back from a trip to NZ (great place) and I grabbed a pre-ordered copy from my local Apple reseller (who by the way, was having the worst excuse for a Tiger party ever, most of the people in the shop probably still don't know it even exists :rolleyes: ). It's much much better than I expected. Safari is flamingly fast! :D And Spotlight (which is currently indexing my iPod :confused: ) is great too.

I hope everyone manages to get their copies today too. :)
 

dirtymatt

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
36
0
Blue Velvet said:
I can't understand the fuss that people are making about this. Who actually NEEDS Tiger today?
I don't NEED it today, but Apple made a promise that if you ordered by the 26th you would have it on the 29th. Now it looks like they are not going to fulfill that promise. It's bad business plain and simple.
 

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
13,591
141
Bergen, Norway
Blue Velvet said:
Who actually NEEDS Tiger today?
"Need" might be too strong a word, but it would be nice to use the weekend to backup, install and check out... first on my iBook, then when I'm sure everything works properly, on my girlfriends Pismo (which she also uses for work). :)
 

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
6,639
2
Heh. I NEED my daily dosage of teh "ripple" effect or I go through painful withdrawals.
 

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
810
0
I'm pissed now. email stating delays. I will never preorder anything from apple again. if they promise something and can't deliver like this then screw 'em. see the thing that pisses me off is that there seem to be people who ordered AFTER i did and are recieving theirs, while i ordered the first day it was available and mine is delayed. now what's up with this "preparing shipment" which sounds like they HAVE it but aren't sending it? It's been in preparing shipment for about 5 days now. I'm calling and complaining after i wake up a bit. and from there i may decide to cancel my order and just go with a stolen copy, at least THEY can deliver.
 

The Past

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2004
291
0
United States
I feel bad for the pre-order folks. Sorry! But, look at is this way. If it did reach you, you would have skipped going to see*"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" on opening night. :)
 

iGary

Guest
Original poster
May 26, 2004
19,583
0
Randy's House
Blue Velvet said:
I can't understand the fuss that people are making about this. Who actually NEEDS Tiger today?

I'm also tired of hearing the moaning and whining from early adopters who never backed anything up that have torrented Tiger saying it's broken this or that....

Mine's pre-ordered. It'll get here when it does... it's not going anywhere near my work partitions until it's thoroughly tested with a bunch of apps.

Never rely on point zero of anything.
I agree with you, but....

Don't run a marketing campaign promising delivery on the launch date and don't come through.

I would have just as easily gone to the store and gotten it. This would have saved me a trip. That's all.

I still love you, don't worry. :p :D
 

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
810
0
Blue Velvet said:
I can't understand the fuss that people are making about this. Who actually NEEDS Tiger today?

I'm also tired of hearing the moaning and whining from early adopters who never backed anything up that have torrented Tiger saying it's broken this or that....

Mine's pre-ordered. It'll get here when it does... it's not going anywhere near my work partitions until it's thoroughly tested with a bunch of apps.

Never rely on point zero of anything.
you know why i wanted it? because if it does show up i won't be able to install it until the following weekend, or depending on when it shows up next weekend i may not be able to install it until the FOLLOWING weekend. my schedule doesn't actually permit me to just install it anytime. It worked out great because this weekend i'm between spring and summer classes, now when i get it i'm actually in class for the spring. which means i can't afford to screw it up on monday through thursday for a lot of my notes and my programming stuff. i'm pissed because they promised and didn't deliver like they said they would. as a first time Mac OS buyer i'm pissed at this one. it's a load of crap and you know it.
 

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
21,652
123
DXoverDY said:
you know why i wanted it? because if it does show up i won't be able to install it until the following weekend, or depending on when it shows up next weekend i may not be able to install it until the FOLLOWING weekend. my schedule doesn't actually permit me to just install it anytime. It worked out great because this weekend i'm between spring and summer classes, now when i get it i'm actually in class for the spring. which means i can't afford to screw it up on monday through thursday for a lot of my notes and my programming stuff. i'm pissed because they promised and didn't deliver like they said they would. as a first time Mac OS buyer i'm pissed at this one. it's a load of crap and you know it.
Boohoo. So what's a week?
It's not going to stop you from using your Mac in the meantime.
 

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
810
0
Blue Velvet said:
Boohoo. So what's a week?
It's not going to stop you from using your Mac in the meantime.
ok look. we're not all like you ok? some of us have been looking forward to this for a long time. with that said, you can take your "oh well" attitude and shove it right now. the rest of us are pissed off, if you came in here just to belittle the people who are pissed off that they aren't getting what they were promised and had high hopes of GETTING today due to that promise then you need to go once again insert your head into well you know a tight tiny space on your backside. We're pissed and it's a legitimate pissed. my schedule isn't exactly permitting anymore. I work 3 days a week and goto college the other 4 days. i may not have time for it. i'm pissed because i've been LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS FOR A LONG TIME. and a promise hasn't been delivered. go blow your smoke up someone elses rear end.
 

denm316

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2003
338
0
Philadelphia
I agree, no one "needs" it today. The problem is Apple as a company, they just never ship when promised. My PowerMac...delayed, My PowerBook...delayed and now Tiger...delayed. Apple should really start caring about customers who buy computers and software and not just iPods.
 

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
21,652
123
DXoverDY said:
ok look. we're not all like you ok? some of us have been looking forward to this for a long time. with that said, you can take your "oh well" attitude and shove it right now. the rest of us are pissed off, if you came in here just to belittle the people who are pissed off that they aren't getting what they were promised and had high hopes of GETTING today due to that promise then you need to go once again insert your head into well you know a tight tiny space on your backside. We're pissed and it's a legitimate pissed. my schedule isn't exactly permitting anymore. I work 3 days a week and goto college the other 4 days. i may not have time for it. i'm pissed because i've been LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS FOR A LONG TIME. and a promise hasn't been delivered. go blow your smoke up someone elses rear end.
*chuckle*

Calm down, little guy.
 

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
810
0
DavidLeblond said:
Amazon has been "Preparing to ship" for a day now.

"Ships on the 28th" my ass.
yea i hear ya. apple store is "Preparing shipment" for 5 days for me. not shipped and i get an email saying it's "delayed."

and to think i had access to the stolen copy running around and said forget it i'll just wait until it arrives on FRIDAY and install it then. guess maybe i should've snagged that illegal copy eh?
 

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
13,591
141
Bergen, Norway
The Past said:
I feel bad for the pre-order folks. Sorry! But, look at is this way. If it did reach you, you would have skipped going to see*"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" on opening night. :)
Well, you just had to twist the knife another turn in my already very painful wound, didn't you...? Hitchhiker's Guide doesn't premiere in Norway until JULY 29th... :mad: ... ;)

I do hope my Tiger arrives before I get to see HHGTTG... ;)
 

iGary

Guest
Original poster
May 26, 2004
19,583
0
Randy's House
Well, here's where I am as of 9:06 EST:

Apr 28, 2005
11:39 pm
Left FedEx Ramp
MIDDLETOWN PA*

Looks like I'm going to Clarendon tonight.