The Official GT Prologue thread....

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by chadrob30, Apr 16, 2008.

1. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Do you have the game yet? If so, would you mind tossing a quick review up here? Thanks.

2. skrutzen macrumors regular

I just came from picking up my copy. I haven't even cracked the seal yet. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much time I'm going to get with the game for the next couple of days. I know that IGN gave it an 8.5/10 and Famitsu gave it a 39/40 supposedly saying that it "eclipses all other driving games."

3. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I'll get it sometime... I'm low on money so it won't happen for a little. That poster I got at a car show is just mocking me with it's giant Nissan GTR.... I want to see it in GT5p....

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i might end up getting it, though i haven't decided yet

5. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

I was thinking about downloading it eventually, until I heard that Buy.com was selling it for $36 - $10 google checkout.

Can't beat $26, no tax, free shipping for that game!

6. skrutzen macrumors regular

Ok so I finally played it and have advanced up to Class B.

I like the game a lot. It's just a gorgeous looking game all the way around; from the home screen to the races themselves. This might sound weird but what I like about it is the overall "vibe" of the game. It's hard to explain. The music is also good as well with a nice mix of genres.

I think, though, that if you're going to get it, buy the disc. The "Beyond The Apex" documentary is really interesting and in HD which is a nice bonus.

The game is what you'd expect from a GT title. Yes it is a limited game but it is fun and challenging. I think it's worth the $40.

Also, call me crazy, but I don't plan on playing this online. I'm not fan of online stuff because quite frankly, I don't like people talking crap in my ear.

7. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

The driving model seems to me to be a bit more responsive than Forza. The in car view is really good, and was my one big complaint about Forza.

The graphics are sharper than those in Forza, but this just seems to be a difference in philosophy. GT5P has a cleaner and more spartan look, while Forza plays up the naturalism and lighting. Having said that, the London track looks absolutely amazing in GT5P.

The review cameras in GT5P are outstanding, far better than anything on offer in Forza. But Forza has better car customization options. The front end menus are a lot nicer in GT5P though.

Online can be choppy if people have poor connections, but I've had fun so far.

I'll really have to buy a wheel to get the full enjoyment out of the game, I think.

8. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

I have to disagree with you on a few points.

I think the lighting and overall graphics engine to GT5 Prologue is more "realistic" than Forza. Surprisingly GT5 Prologue isn't as jaggy as Forza. It looks like they updated the rendering engine quite a bit from the Japanese release, as it wasn't as jaggy as before. Also worth noting is the modeling of the vehicles: they are every bit as identical to real-life model cars, something that Forza isn't even close to in my opinion.

Comparing the customization option is kind of silly, since this isn't the full-fledged final version of the game. It's only maybe about 15-20% of the final game. Of course Forza is gonna kick GT5 Prologue's butt in this area. :rolleyes:

All I have to say is: thank god they added the RX7 and RX8! Rotary power! :D

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm also going to get it....as soon as I can find a nice wheel to go with it. I need a steering wheel recommendation.

Bless

10. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

11. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

so in career mode, does it keep up with your cars' stats, like miles, etc?

12. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I just got the game. Can't wait to play but... it's installing :\.

13. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

come on, someone help me out here. i'd like to know this before i get the game (if i get it). like do you have to change the oil in the car? what about gas?

14. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I don't believe so.

15. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Bought a Mini Cooper as my first car and played (and won) a few races. LOVE the in the car view - only way to play it I say!

16. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

so it doesn't track the car's miles either?

17. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Haha, same here. I just got my second car, A BMW Z4 2003.

18. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

so does it keep up with the car stats or not?