The official "I hate finals/exams" thread - late 2008 edition

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iParis, Dec 18, 2008.

1. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Time to post your complaints on your exams/finals.

Well... my finals aren't going that bad.
    Today I have three finals and tomorrow the rest.
    PC Tech - My teacher purposely messed up all the computers and we were each assigned to fix two. The first one I had just had an unseated ram problem and the power cord for the monitor wasn't plugged into the monitor. The second one just had all it's power cord and cat5 unplugged. After we the problem we had to clean up the computers (delete user profiles, unintstall unneeded programs, and run a disk clean up).
    AP World History - Just a test over chapters 1-10. It was really, really hard. I ended up having to copy off of someone for a lot of it. I sit right next to my teacher's desk, he's really oblivious and never looks up.
    Biology - Well since it's the second time taking the course the test wasn't all hard. But some of the questions I didn't understand, at all.

Tomorrow I have my honors English 10, Enviromental Studies, and Algebra finals.

So how are your guys' finals going?

EDIT: I think i'm going to ace my Algebra final. I'm really worried about English and Environental Studies.

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I have a Geometry Mid-Term sometime in Late Jan.

I have a Geometry UNIT test on Monday, Biology unit test took on Monday, History quizzes today, day before yesterday, and last Fri.

I think I have a Biology Mid-Term also, not sure, my teachers cool, but she doesn't tell us ANYTHING! (and I HATE Biology)

I hate tests period! BUT, it's nice sometimes when you have a low grade, but know the stuff, and get a A/B on the test, and that boosts your grade up!

3. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

4. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

Well I have finals Friday, Monday, and Tuesday. Unlike the normal schedule for finals at my school, this year the students have been told our finals will be random (due to weather issues [its raining ice right now in omaha,NE, so we probably won't have school tommorow, which is our first final day which screws everything up]...so i don't know what days I have what. (we have been made aware of 4 different options though, so we can guess) :eek::mad:

My biggest tests are Chemistry and Geometry. I HATE chemistry. Hopefully I do well. Geometry shouldn't be to hard for me (i think...).:rolleyes:

5. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

Same thing for my algebra teacher, yet I have a 97% in that class.

Yeah, I saw that.
    Actually, your thread is where I got the idea for this one.

That sucks man.
    I purposely didn't take chemistry.
    My school gives us the option of taking a different science class instead.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

sorry, thats pretty sad on your end
    do you not have self pride?:cool:

anyways, i am no longer in school so no finals for me

7. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

I have no pride.
    And I at least wanted to get a C on it.

8. K3mp macrumors 6502

I had math and spanish today. I have science and religion tomorrow. Not that bad so far.

9. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

yah I failed 2 of my 3 finals and ended up failing the classes as well....there went about 600 dollars:(

10. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

finals was horrifying..
    i survived at least. im just waiting on the results.. :/

11. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

ah I do not miss them. It been a year since I took any final exams. Hell was one year 3 days ago when I walked for my degree.

Will the year pass very quickly and I do not miss the exams.

12. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

I'm a junior in HS

* I had a 71.3% in my AP Bio class, and I'm about 99% sure I failed my final. There goes my C...

* Honors History Final I got a 78% on without studying, and was able to keep my A in the class

* In my video productions class we had a little final about how a camera works (Kinda obvious, since we're in Advanced Video Productions...) and we watched Dark Knight.

* English Final was a bitch, but it was a take home final. Although, today, I did have to perform a 20 minute skit as a character from a "novel of literary merit" along with 5 other people. Luckily, since our skit sucked, I have the gift of improv and was able to keep it funny and moving the whole time.

And tomorrow I have my Spanish III final, which I'm not looking forward to. My friend who took it today said it was 200 Multiple Choice questions long.

13. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I loved taking final exams in High School. For me, it was the best part of the semester/year.:)

14. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

are you human???

15. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Yes.

Unlike every other student, I never worried about them. Hell, I never studied for them yet pulled off A's and B's.

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

are you in college yet?

its a little different when finals are 40% or even 100% of the grade and the average is designed to be 40-50% lol

17. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

No, I'm not in college.

I should clarify, I got A's and B's on the finals and the class.

18. rumourguy macrumors member

goooooood! 5th year of grad school and I just can't seem to get going on these final papers. It's not even a lot of work

19. rumourguy macrumors member

that is a half a credit for me:eek:

20. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

21. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Nice work :D This is quite clever - a great job of presenting and well written/executed. Hope you do/did do well with your results :).

p.s. Finished and passed all my exams yay! Now I've a month of seeing as many cheap live music shows as possible :).

22. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I finished mine last week and have been home last Wednesday. I got an A on my Meteorology and English exam and I don't know my math final, but I did get a B in the class. I didn't have a final in my private pilot class, but I did pass the FAA written test. Like Prof, I barely studied for these exams. :D

Overall, got a 3.06 GPA so far. Second semester will be harder. Physics, yuck!

23. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Oh, the irony!

24. aethelbert macrumors 601

That was always my method. I always promised myself that I would study and never did, and yet managed to do well. Wasting time rather than studying is fun! I always studied for the AP tests, though. Maybe I'd still have gotten my fives without. hmmm, too late to find out.

25. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

:confused::confused:

Maybe I am slow/stupid, but how is not knowing my math final exam grade and getting an A in my meteorology and english exam ironic?

Unless you meant that my forum name is quagmire and like Glenn Quagmire from Family Guy, want to be a pilot?