The Official I hate the iPhone thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kryszrich, Aug 14, 2008.

1. kryszrich macrumors member

Simply because I feel Apple's other products would be of stronger quality if the iPhone wasn't such a successfully hyped product. Too much attention is taken away from their computers.

And what's up with Apple prices. They now have a bigger market cap than google, by taking advantage of those who need their products due to the field they are in. Bring down prices of your computers!!!

2. AutomaticHaze macrumors regular

Umm, if you dont like the phone..dont buy it.
    Problem sloved :)

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

And to get this thread off on the right foot:

DO NOT FEED THE FREAKING TROLLS.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

...kay. You're just going to start a flamewar if you're thread starts out "I hate that new apple product that most people seem to like. If you didn't buy that product then everyone's lives would be better. It's your fault that Apple is making so much money"

5. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I'm sorry you feel that way. I love my iPhone. I also love my Apple computers. While the price is a little higher, I feel like it was worth every penny I have paid. :apple:

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

hard to claim attention is taken away from computers though

although i am considering returning my voyager and getting an iphone lol. thank god for "test drive"

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

Someone stating that the iPhone has screwed up Apple's long-time focus on computers makes them a troll? Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning (as I guess you do every morning). Or maybe it's just the fact that you like to brand lots of people as trolls for no real reason. Anyhoo, it's pretty hard to deny that the mac line has taken a huge hit with all of the iPhone attention. I don't hate the iPhone by any means, but I do hate their recent shift of priorities.

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

saying things like that, personal attacks, are what cause flamewars. Good job, bud.

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

When the 80% of those "don't feed the troll" posts that I see are made by the same person, it becomes a problem. And it's hard to start a war since I'm not coming back to this thread (it's not gonna make any progress/probably will be in the wasteland).

10. sh0ckerturb0 macrumors member

sh0ckerturb0

who says they have shifted their priorities?

11. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

But... But I love my iPhone!

/me stares at his reply box, debating between being a post count whore or ignoring this thread

I'll take the latter, if just to say again that I love my iPhone! I also love the eleven Apple machines hanging around here, ranging from my Apple II to my MacBook :apple:

12. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

the rumor mill indicates cheaper macs on the way, so who knows.

in the mean time, I don't hate the iPhone, but I'm not totally thrilled with the ever degrading quality of the posts here, and other iphone forums, due to every Cletus in Podunk getting an iPhone and asking the same 4 questions about it.

I sometimes wonder if people sign up for their first ISP the same day they get the iphone.

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i agree. ive noticed that trend as well lol

14. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

I think apple has now learned not to take on so many projects at the same time..... i.e iphone 3G, iPhone 2.0, Mobile Me, App Store.....so for them to focus on iPhone for a few months and then the Mac for a few and iPod and so on.. is smart!

15. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yeah, three people isn't a "lot" where I come from. The personal attacks do nothing for your credibility, and I share your position.

The guy is complaining that the iPhone was successfully hyped. Rational?

I believe that they need to put the "Computer" back in Apple. (not necessarily the name, just metaphorically)

16. bluedevils macrumors member

I think it is the opposite. I know people who are considering buying a mac now because they have an iphone. The ipod helped apple back on the map and the iphone could help reinforce it. If Apple is doing good in those markets it will leverage the macs and not detract it.

troll fed. The title is too inflamatory not to seem troll like.

17. sh0ckerturb0 macrumors member

sh0ckerturb0

how about we turn this into the official I love the iPhone thread?? i'll start it off with a few reasons i love my iPhone:

1) best cell phone UI ever. period.
    2) itunes and syncronization for everything

I'm a pc user and i've actually considered buying a mac since i had my first and only mac 10 years ago

18. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I agree with this. Out of all the negative responses it seems one person sees the light. After the uproar this recent release caused, I doubt Apple will be planning any multi- pdoduct releases anytime soon.

Instead, focusing the marketing area of the company on one major product at a time will help them in the long run. When one hugely marketed product shows signs of decreased sales, they can shift their attention to the next best thing, as they have a lot of them.

19. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Best phone ever. imo
    It will take a update or two to get the bugs out.

20. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

21. sh0ckerturb0 macrumors member

sh0ckerturb0

absolutely nothing.

22. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

sooo...you hate it because its good?

23. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Apple's market share continues to rise even with the "high prices" you mention. Don't forget that PC-makers cut a lot of corners when making those budget systems. They'll find some startup company to buy DVD drives from or ask their grandma to make the motherboard.

After years and years of building my own PCs because it seemed cheaper and was pretty fun to do (if you were successful), I don't mind paying the little bit extra for the Apple stuff THAT JUST PLAIN WORKS. There are slight quirks that pop up from time to time, but there isn't mind-numbing $#@% that makes me want to take a long walk off a short pier.

While I think my mom's new Dell isn't that bad of a computer at $600, it's still not a Mac. The OS is still made by Microsoft, I would've had to pay another $80 for built-in 802.11n wireless (I ended up finding a $6 802.11g card...score!). Sharing stuff over a network is NOWHERE NEAR AS SIMPLE. It's hard to compare a mid-tower to anything Apple makes, but both seem to be decent deals for the users.

So basically I don't think Apple is ignoring their computers too much. I'm miffed at the apparent lack of movement on Blu-ray adoption, but that may change soon. Other than that, I can't say too much bad about them. Apple has its fair share of problems, but they don't have anybody else's share as well.

24. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

The purpose of this thread is confusing. :)

The iPhone, like iPods, has spurred Mac sales which is good. Combined with the switch to Intel, we are seeing more switchers everyday.

Apple Computer, now Apple, obviously has changed it's focus from only computers to a group of integrated products that are good for the consumer.

As some have already said, I would like to see more focus on the Mac (computer) side of the house, and a lowering of prices. On the flip side, I am excited to see the iPhone/Touch interface growth and expect to see it become a major focus in the future of the Mac OS.

25. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

If Apple drops the prices of their computers too much, we'll start getting an iPhone effect going on...

Instead of "WTF only one speaker works I HATE APPLE" we'll have waaaaay more of "WTF there's only one button on my MacBook and I can't right-click I HATE APPLE" :(