The Official "I'm posting from my iPT" thread

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Four20, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

I won't lie. It takes some getting used to. But this is a sweet browser.

2. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

3. shamrock593 macrumors regular

Nice. =)

Have you done some speed tests?

Results please! =P

4. Nemisis macrumors member

5. Four20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Four20

You do have to wait for 'render times' when loading a website.

I tried loading macrumors to post this thread and it crashed before I could click 'new thread'. But I tried it again and it worked. Since then I have updated to the new firmware and haven't seen it crash since.

Great little device though, no other issues or bugs at all. I was scared when I saw a Macy Grey box too. But all is good. Video is crystal clear with no dead pixels.

6. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

So it's advised to update the software immediately??

7. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

I just got my iPod today and this thing is amazing I have no screen problems that i know of...

8. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

I updated mine as soon as I got it, no issues.

9. drnycallstar19 macrumors member

10. Schnebar macrumors 6502

I've had mine for like ten days and its great
    I am posting on it now

11. pushateg7 macrumors member

I wanna just lick mine hahaha jk. Typing from my week 38 beauty. I just ran an iPhone dslreports.com test and I got 3587kbps. I find the connection and browser phenomenal on this bad boy!

12. Rickity Rick macrumors member

13. noshooz macrumors member

noshooz

<gloat> I've been posting from mine for two weeks now. </gloat>

14. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

OOhh ME!!!!!! I'm posting this from my iPod touch right now whilst listening to The Cult's "Love". Not a single crash or freeze. The corrective typing on this is great. I hope we see something like this in Leopard.

The only real weird thing I've discovered is the spacebar double-click shortcut (for a period / space / set up a capital letter) doesn't work if your last word was in quote marks.

I love this thing!

15. manram24 macrumors member

hopefully me too!!!

best buys gettin there shipment tomarrow

16. aethelbert macrumors 601

Maybe since we have an "official" thread, people will post here instead of spamming "I'm posting from my touch!!!!1!!!1!11!one!" every five minutes on the forum...

17. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

Whom I just bought this tonight. And I like it. But I might return it for my cash cause I was only 200 dollars away from a tokina 10-17 for my canon 20D. What do you all think I should do?

18. medicwhite macrumors newbie

Posting from iPr

Thanks for this thread! Couldn't wait to post a message but didn't want to spam another area. It is a little different to thumb type on compared to my Blackberry, but it is not difficult. Thanks to my persistence and Best Buy's shipment today, I decided to buy this on Saturday, I own it today. Week 38, no problems that I can see or hear so far.

19. Bambeezer macrumors regular

I'm checking in on my iPod touch. How do I tell what week mine is? I just Got it from the apple store with 1.1.1 loaded.

20. aethelbert macrumors 601

I'm preparing to be amazed at the numbers of people that will be posting from their big, fat, and brown Zune 2s when they come out.

I'm just assuming that Microsoft will copy Apple and put in Wifi. Or maybe they learned that copying Apple isn't the best thing... Just look at Vista...

21. tobenning macrumors member

22. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Ya the zunes really do suck but i love vista now that all the bugs are worked out ps im on my brand new TOUCH!!

23. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

On my touch its awesome I love it really do. I got the 16 GB touch on Saturday at the apple store in northridge and I love it honestly do. The connection isn't that bad anyway. On the touch (mind you I got DSL not cable, its running at 539.9 Kbps, while in my mac its at 610.8 Kbps. There is a dfference but I don't mind for such a small device. I'm super happy with it, and the auto correction feature is cool to. Does anyone know when the cases are coming out for it?

24. phillipsm macrumors newbie

The predictive text on this thing is amazing!

Its like I hit somewhere near where I think the letter is and it always gets the word I'm thinking of :)

25. fiftydollarshoe macrumors regular

Its gets better..... the more you type a word the more it remembers it...... will also say as time goes on I get more and more confident with touching what I want to touch..... when I first got touch I was almost scared I would break the screen or something but as you get used to it you learn the gestures it becomes easy to use... I can also use all applications including Safari with one hand and thumb....... what’s more impressive is that "unintentional strokes" or "touches" don't commit an action..... ie if the side of your hand brushes the screen it doesn't register as a touch..... this thing is truly amazing.... you can see this technology heading into laptops where by gestures on the mousepad would execute certain actions….. its very intuitive…..