The Official iPhone + Leopard Compatability Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevehp, Oct 25, 2007.

1. stevehp macrumors 6502

I don't see anything like this on the forums...

Please post details here if you notice problems, etc with legitimate AT&T iPhones and unlocked iPhones running 1.0.2. or 1.1.1

Can't wait to get Leopard tomorrow!

2. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

This thread may very well be buried on page 2 or 3 by the time leopard gets into the hands of many. You're a day too early! :D .

3. cclboss macrumors newbie

Ok, just got my official Leopard Family Pack from Apple here and will go home and update my MacPro however, I am hesitant on updating my MacBook which my unlocked (1.0.2) iPhone syncs to until I get some confirmation from someone else. I really don't want to brick this at this point, especially since there seems a way to upgrade a 1.0.2 (iUnlocked) phone to 1.1.1 soon.

4. stevehp thread starter macrumors 6502

Oops!

Well, TODAY IS THE DAY!

So please post away!!!

:)

5. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Well, hopefully it does. That would mean no issues!

6. stevehp thread starter macrumors 6502

7. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Just plugged into my iPod - everything's fine so I assume the same for iPhone :)

8. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

9. Patchfoo macrumors member

Everything syncs fine?

Are you unlocked? If so, what firmware version?

Thanks for helping us queasy folk.

10. fazworld macrumors newbie

Installed and configured Leopard last night. Just synched my iPhone and didn't experience any issues. I'm running 1.1.1 and was kinda hoping for a 'Leopard iPhone' software update, but alas, nothing new. At least, nothing new yet. I think it's safe for all you nervous iPhone owners!

11. jaws01 macrumors member

I have a unlocked iphone with firmware 1.1.1. I did an upgrade to Leopard and it left my iTunes to the way it was, version 7.4.2. Synced up my iphone with no problems at all.

12. jupiterstar macrumors newbie

I ran into a small problem with my iPhone with Leopard. I have my phone named using Japanese characters rather than alphanumeric characters. It was working well with 10.4. However, when I upgraded my iMac (clean install) and tried to sync with my phone, iTunes gave an error "0xE8000025" and didn't even connect with the phone. Fortunately, my Macbook Pro was still on 10.4, and even though I had never connected it to my phone before, it recognized my phone when I plugged it in, Japanese characters and all. I had to rename the phone on my laptop before plugging it into my Leopard iMac for it to work. Both my 10.4 and 10.5 iTunes are version 7.4.2 (4).

Apple apparently knows about this problem, but it's no longer just a Windows issue.

13. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Just wondered - what is the name you used in Japanese? I had never thought about this. I think I am going to attempt to name my phone in Japanese... let's see what happens ;)

OK - no problems so far :)

Attached Files:

14. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

No problems here running 1.1.1..no hacks.

15. gotzero macrumors 68040

Everything is fine here. Synced contacts from the phone to my laptop (installed new HD at time of upgrade), and now I am just waiting for the Leopard version of the iphone OS!

The big iphone news this week for me was gmail IMAP. Fantastic improvement!

16. jupiterstar macrumors newbie

It's ゆな. I've actually named all my iPods in Japanese as well, starting with my old 3G one several years ago. It's one of those "I do it because I can" things since OSX has great multilingual support.

17. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Yeh - I didn't think about doing that for some reason. I'm onto it now though :)

18. noodleboy macrumors newbie

Had the same problem after a clean Leopard install and subsequent pulling of my user folder items to my new user directory. In my case, iTunes listed in Preferences->iPhone an older backup (the files for this are in ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup). Deleting this backup (from iTunes) fixed the issue.

My iPhone is 1.0.2, unlocked.