The official Podcaster app thread

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by SuperMacMan, Nov 7, 2008.

1. SuperMacMan macrumors regular

SuperMacMan

Hello all, my name is Shaun and I'd like to help you out with your Podcaster issues, suggestion or improvements here.
    As you probably know, Podcaster is the infamous app that was rejected from the App Store, canceled out of Ad-Hoc provisioning, went to Cydia, and has now got competition with Apple's firmware 2.2.

If you have any issues, suggestions, improvements, or anything to do with Podcaster, whether it be Ad-Hoc, Cydia, or regarding 2.2 FW, please post it here.
    I'm very happy to help you all out!

SuperMacMan (Shaun)

2. SuperMacMan thread starter macrumors regular

SuperMacMan

3. SuperMacMan thread starter macrumors regular

SuperMacMan

4. iblastoff macrumors 6502

well now that this is going to be free with fw 2.2, i don't see why i would buy this now.

5. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Exactly. Why pay for functionality which in a few weeks is going to come out of the box?
    Unfortunately, your application 'Podcaster' may now become redundant.

R-Fly

6. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

+1

7. SuperMacMan thread starter macrumors regular

SuperMacMan

That may be true, but it may not. Remember it's not hard fact yet. Rumours.

Also with the Apple implementation you'll be limited by what podcasts you can add, I.e Apple only adds casts to their database if they want to, and I doubt that there'll be a feed URL box.

We hope that Podcaster does not become redundant. We've worked hard on this app.
    However, if it does become completely redundant, we'll be dropping iPhone development in favour of a very popular brand new mobile OS... *hint hint* :)

Shaun

8. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

If you know how to read you would know this is a new feature in 2.2 read the front page of MR there are screen shots. Sure you're limited to the podcasts on iTunes that is why they are called podcasts.

9. nachos4twoo macrumors member

10. SuperMacMan thread starter macrumors regular

SuperMacMan

My apologies, but I don't understand you here? You'll do the ad hoc for 25c? If you are wanting the ad hoc version, unfortunately Apple blocked us out from doing that. We cannot do it anymore. Existing users before the block are unaffected, but we can't give any more spots out. The only way left is Cydia.

Also, if you're wanting the app for 25c, then sorry but we can't go that low. 1) The system doesn't support it, it doesn't like values that low, and 2) We process transactions by hand, and it takes time. Time is money. It's as low as we can go, sorry.

Shaun

11. SuperMacMan thread starter macrumors regular

SuperMacMan

Thanks, but I can read. Else how would I be typing this? :)
    Remember, it's not hard FACT yet. Anyone could photoshop this and "leak" it to MacRumors. I could probably do it easily in Photoshop, and I've only ever used it twice for a couple of the icons in Podcaster!!

I will stand corrected, however, that if by the time 2.2 is released, it is included, then you can "bag" me all you like! :)

Shaun - Podcaster Support

12. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules

Instantly Bannable Offenses

5. Advertising/soliciting. Using the forums for advertising or for commercial business deals and offers. See the MacRumors About page if you want to buy advertising at the site. Threads will be deleted if their purpose is to advertise, announce, or promote products, services, or organizations, build traffic at other websites, solicit donations, votes, or participants for surveys, contests, or product testing, carry out business activities including employment requests/offers, or other similar purposes that do not benefit our forum community. Memberships created solely for such purposes will be banned.

13. SuperMacMan thread starter macrumors regular

SuperMacMan

Oh. Looks like I was real tired when I read them... I'll edit my posts so they comply with that rule.
    Sorry guys.