The Official "Will new machines be pre-loaded with Leopard on/after Oct 26th?" Thread

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Lifeguy, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Lifeguy macrumors member

I've seen this question being asked in several of the forums, so I figured I'd make one large thread so everyone can share what knowledge they have. Or speculate whatever they believe to be true.

I plan on buying a MacBook Pro on the release of Leopard, Oct 26th, in hopes that I will have the new OS pre-installed onto my machine. As of now, I plan on going to my local Apple store on 10/26 to see if any machines already have 10.5 installed. What do you think the chances are of this happening?

I've also heard of numerous people that have spoken to Apple reps saying that any machine ordered on/after October 26th will have Leopard pre-installed. I am assuming this applies to the machines bought online. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks... :)

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Just what we need, another "official" thread. :rolleyes:

You will not get Leopard pre-loaded for 2-3 weeks as Apple unloads machines already built. They will throw a DVD into the box. No different than past OS upgrades.

3. Lifeguy thread starter macrumors member

Are you talking about the machines being sold at the retail stores, or the machines being sold at apple.com?

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

It's not a big deal if its not preinstalled with 10.5, put in the disc and run the installer.