The Old Man and the Selfie

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by niki.t.bowden, Feb 6, 2014.

1. niki.t.bowden macrumors newbie

How to make selfies which don't look like the traditional gorilla- armed style.

1) Hook your Apple earphone jack into your iPhone.

2) Rest and position the iPhone to snap a picture of you and Gaga.

3) Hide the earphone cable.

4) Say 'cheese' in B-flat.

5) Press the plus (louder) key below the right earbud.

6) Upload your candid masterpiece.

[​IMG]

Hint: Use a better model than the sample.

2. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

3. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Hmm... any way to do this with a bluetooth device of some sort? I suppose I could use an app with a timer, I think I've got one that does that at least.

Edit- LongExpo Pro has a timer. 2, 5, 10 and 30 second delay options. That'll work. Now I can look like I have a life and someone took my picture. Score! No friends. Sad.

4. niki.t.bowden thread starter macrumors newbie

Always look annoyed like paparazzi are intruding. I've known of a couple of folks who pretend to be beset by photographers when nobody would want their picture. Also, I always wave wildly at airport gates as if hordes of folk be there to greet me.

5. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

Best tip ever! I don't take pics of myself primarily because of the weird gorilla arm angles. LOL

6. niki.t.bowden thread starter macrumors newbie

Lonely guy profile pic project: you're at the mall. Alone, of course. You mark how long it takes to stride a marked difference, from one kiosk to another. You spot a hottie coming down that track. Your iPhone is stashed in a potted plant and you set the timer. You hurry up the way, then you act Use your old 3GS as a dummy phone. Act like you have just received a text. You are stepping in close proximity to the sweetie, but she isn't annoyed because you are obviously intent on your texting partner. So it's natural you're imposing on her space unconsciously. Snap.

Upload right here, say: Had a note from Gaga while out with Beyoncé.

7. Tamara91 macrumors newbie