The on/off/sleep button is jammed in on a 3G. Will they replace it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rambwei, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Rambwei macrumors newbie

I just exchanged one with a leaking backlight for one where it looks like one side of the on/off/sleep button is stuck in the iPhone.

Also, does anyone know about the rumors of a new iPhone. I'm taking that into consideration on what I'm doing.

Last question: If I return my iPhone can I get rid of the 2 year commitment without much trouble?

2. Vesian macrumors member

I really don't know if I would hold back on fixing your iphone due to rumors of a new iphone on the horizon. Any potential new revision of the iphone apple releases will almost certainly use the same fabrication process that they currently do for the 3G, meaning the most of the physical problems people are running into will remain.

3. Rambwei thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not this. It's just that I would want the new iPhone because of potential 3G fixes, but do you think they will replace it with ease?

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You might as well replace it now. I have doubts on this rumor, but even if it were true, and the new model specifically fixes 3G issues, then you'd be equally entitled to a replacement with the exchanged iPhone, as you are with the one you have now.

[That is to say, if a recall was imminent, you exchanging your phone now shouldn't make a difference. And if there is no recall, then it still makes no difference.]

5. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Listen, if the switch is bad there is no doubt that they will replace it. Why would u keep it if it is defective? With regards to a new phone, if the phone is recalled, then u would be replacing it anyway, so why not get your phone replaced and worry about that at a later date.

Personally, i don't think that Apple will be replacing millions of iphones worldwide. The prevailing rumor/theory seems to be that a software update will be forthcoming by the company that makes the 3g chip, but it will be several months b4 that is going to happen.

6. Surely Guest

Surely

If your iPhone is defective, and you didn't break it yourself by dropping it on the ground or dropping it in the toilet, then Apple will most likely replace it.

On a side note, if any mods are reading this thread, maybe it would be a good idea to have a 'Sticky' thread to throw all the "X is wrong with my iPhone, do you guys think Apple will replace it?" threads into?

It could be called: The "Apple will probably (no guarantee) replace your iPhone if this is wrong with it" discussion forum.

That would probably clean this section up quite a bit. Just a suggestion.