Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EgbertAttrick

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
I have read complaint after complaint after bitching after moaning about how Apple really dropped the ball on this iPhone 3G thing. Light leaks, dust, dead pixels, slow network, bad service areas, weak battery, shoddy builds...

I think I might be the only person who is completely satisfied with my iPhone purchase, and it may well be the best $300 I have ever spent.

I have good battery life, my iPhone is solid, my network is super-fast (1319kbps right now, over 1700kbps last night), all my pixels are good, my screen is flush with the body. All perfect.

There is a twist to my story, however.

When I ordered from AT&T, I asked for a 16GB White, and the clerk accidentally ordered a 16GB Black... Is my incident of satisfaction really so isolated that I should just keep this iPhone, or should I risk taking the White when it arrives?

wildcardd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2007
Denver, CO
Bah..same thing happened the at this time last year. All the whiners and complainers came out of the woodwork. It will die down. I am waiting for the day.:cool:

I have had no problem with my phone either. For me it has been a vast improvement over my original iPhone (4Gb, now 16Gb). There are some software issues that can be annoying at times, but not really. I have had an iPhone since 6/29/07, and I think the complaining and software/hardware issues right now are comparable to the complaining when the original was released. (Does anyone remember polka dot screens or coverage complaints, cause I sure do).

profetto

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
I have read complaint after complaint after bitching after moaning about how Apple really dropped the ball on this iPhone 3G thing. Light leaks, dust, dead pixels, slow network, bad service areas, weak battery, shoddy builds...

I think I might be the only person who is completely satisfied with my iPhone purchase, and it may well be the best $300 I have ever spent.

I have good battery life, my iPhone is solid, my network is super-fast (1319kbps right now, over 1700kbps last night), all my pixels are good, my screen is flush with the body. All perfect.

There is a twist to my story, however.

When I ordered from AT&T, I asked for a 16GB White, and the clerk accidentally ordered a 16GB Black... Is my incident of satisfaction really so isolated that I should just keep this iPhone, or should I risk taking the White when it arrives?

Sorry to break it to you, but you just jinxed the hell outta yourself.

Karma is coming to get you... there is no hiding! :p

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
I am overall very happy with my first iPhone (being the 3g). As i start useing it more in my daily life, rather than "oooo its a new gadget i must play play play!" its showing its amazing ability. The battery is not bad, if your on the internet all day, yeah its going to ruin the battery, but other than that its just as good as any phone iv ever had.

The software issues are horrible, however i know that they are just software, and within time they will be sorted out. It is quite a pain to open-reopen- kill-reopen-turn off the phone-reopen SMS to get it to not stick the text, but other than that i am very happy with it!

ninethirty

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
I get on average between 200kbps and 300kbps. This is nowhere near advertised speeds - I've heard 3G coverage is terrible in Chicago, but is this worth putting up with? It's not anywhere near where they said it would be...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.