The one Application nearly a SIN not to have on your Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacGuru100, Jun 18, 2013.

1. MacGuru100 macrumors newbie

MacGuru100

I dont say this lightly, however using or playing with every major and minor Mac app out there, the good the bad and the ugly, NEVER HAVE I seen an app as wonderful as BEAMER

Try high def AIRPLAY to your apple TV? Yeah,...not so hot...... or on a Mac running Lion...well you CANT do that......

Beamer fixes ALL THAT, I can slam HIGH DEF BLURAY quality to my TV just drag and drop ANY VIDEO FILE , ANY FORMAT into beamer, and boom, it there, ....

BUT importantly i can jam on my computer ANY oppressive application and multitask, with NO stuttering or the video stream. NONE, NEVER experienced it.....and THATS even the same on an OLD macbook air running LION!!!!

Its 15$, you MUST own this app. Apple should have created this application, its the cats meow.

http://beamer-app.com/

2. onekerato macrumors regular

On a related note...

AirParrot is another app which enables AirPlay from your Mac. It allows you to hijack your apple TV (and the TV display) as an additional display attached to your Mac - similar to the upcoming feature in Mac OS X Mavericks.

You can also choose to send output from any application to the apple TV - for example play a movie in VLC on your Mac and pipe it through to the apple TV.

Jose
    www.onekerato.com/ebooks.html

3. tug macrumors 6502

yep, macguru i definitely agree with you, this app is well worth the money, and would encourage anybody with atv to get it.;)

saves all the pi****g about loading into iTunes then deleting once viewed! and having to log into home sharing which is a pain in the a**e if you have inadvertently log out!:mad:

however there is 1 tiny bug which will hopefully get sorted, it stops when the mac goes to sleep. have you found this, and is there a work around? gone into prefs but nothing there. don't like having the mac on caffeine all the time.:eek:

yep,onekerato, another great one for playing youtube vids or anything else streaming from the mac to the 58" led on the wall in the lounge, its a form of great amusement with friends round for beer and especially to watch the match without having to subscribe to the sports channels:cool: