The one day I hate being on the West Coast:-/

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Renho, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

2. csurfr macrumors 68020

Right?! Two more hours before I can go pick it up.

But the bright side... we can watch football and still have the rest of our day free on Sundays.

3. pallymore macrumors regular

pallymore

You guys don't have to wake up @2:45AM to pre-order things. :/

4. csurfr macrumors 68020

Fact.

Though it does get dark at nearly 4:00 here once the time changes. Btw. Is that this weekend?

5. Mackneezie macrumors regular

Mackneezie

Yep it is! :)

6. csurfr macrumors 68020

Goodbye sun. I’ll see you in 6 months.

7. KingslayerG5 Suspended

KingslayerG5

Toss in New Year's Eve.

I lived in the Far East and West Coast. Be grateful. Best weather out here, man! California love! My mind state is so laid back.

8. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

I can't complain. It's a nice tradeoff. I'll gladly take 6 months of clouds and rain for 6 months of sun... which is pretty much what we've gotten the last few years.

I came here from the deep south though... it's nice to have sunny summers without all the humidity and bugs.

9. Renho thread starter macrumors 68000

Renho

What!? That’s not a fair trade off. Lol You wake up, pre order and go back to sleep in 15 min. We get our phones a full 3 hours later!
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017 ---
    That is one of the best things about west coast. No matter what sport we don’t have to stay up late to finish a game!

10. antsgotgame macrumors newbie

antsgotgame

I’m in LA Fed Ex wouldn’t let me pick it up they said they have to make 1st attempt. I could be waiting till 8 pm.

11. csurfr macrumors 68020

Don’t feel too bad. The other night UPS “end of day” was just before 10:00pm.
    You are totally right. Coming from the east coast (Philadelphia), people here are completely chill.

12. KingslayerG5 Suspended

KingslayerG5

I lived in Colorado Springs for my last three high school years (1996-1999) and know how crap weather can be in the Midwest. I experienced living in places with blizzards and typhoons. I love where I'm at. I love Cali.

Actually had a good night sleep. Just five minutes ago, Best Buy just sent me an email that my phone is ready for pickup. Lovely morning...;)

13. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

Same here... but it wasn't about a phone. It was about the new Call of Duty: World War II I am picking up after work.

:)

14. norskejan macrumors newbie

My worst fears are being played out here in my remote community in the PNW...great that my phone made it nearby to the mainland this morning, but I woke up to a dusting of snow, freezing temps, windchill of 17, gusts up to 38, and 50% chance of snow before 11 (which is when the plane lands with shipments.) Here's hoping there's an A+ pilot on today who can land safely in these dicey conditions.

15. csurfr macrumors 68020

I was a bit shocked when I opened the weather app and it said rain/snow and 34 degrees. Welcome to winter in Seattle.

16. norskejan macrumors newbie

Yes...fall just ended rather abruptly!!

17. KingslayerG5 Suspended

KingslayerG5

I actually have a physical copy of CoD: Infinite War Fare still sealed. It came with my PS4 slim and it's inside a drawer.

I grew up with the Japanese developers influence. Just not into FPS. I get dizzy. Had the first Halo and never beat it. I see those ads for CoD: WW2 and it graphically does look amazing though. ;)

I'm going to turn 37 in a month, I'm kinda feeling that Mario Odyssey. Weird me. And I'm not a huge Nintendo fan anymore. PS fanboy here for 21 years. I go to Best Buy to actually check on the Switch more than the iPhone X.

I need gaming to be portable because I'm barely at home.

18. csurfr macrumors 68020

I’m in the same age group as you. I picked up a switch for Zelda, which was amazing. Last week I ended up getting Mario Odyssey. I have played it maybe 3 hours, but it’s truly masterful. One of the best games I have ever played.

I’m not a gamer by any means, and the switch is the only Nintendo console I have owned since the N64 was released. I’m glad it’s around when I have a few minutes to spare.

19. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

Heh... yeah I'm 43 and grew up under the same influence. I'm actually not a huge FPS fan either. I do however like the WW2 theme which is why I'm picking up this latest CoD. That and of course the zombie mode which is always amazingly fun. That and the single player campaign is what I play. I rarely play online... I just can't compete with those kiddos.

The game does look awesome though... and I hope it's as good as World at War was back in the day.

I'm also gonna check out the Switch today while I"m there. SMO looks interesting... just unsure if I want to pull the trigger. I bought CoD for my gaming PC (see my sig) and don't currently have a console although I do have the XBox One X coming later this month.
    Thanks for the info. Definitely considering the Switch.