The One Plan from 3 - Grandfathered users!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eish2306, Jun 28, 2015.

1. eish2306 macrumors regular

eish2306

so to stop this taking over another thread I thought a separate one was in order

So has anyone been forced off the One Plan for using too may minutes, or has anyone gone over 4gb and been switched? also @peterh988 any idea where the thread is on the three site? I have had a look but can't find it :(

also come july 1st when 0800 go free on all mobiles
    Regulator Ofcom will make calls from mobiles to 0800 numbers free from 1 July this year.
    how will effect grandfathered one plan users?

2. eish2306 thread starter macrumors regular

eish2306

@shandyman I can't seem to see anything about a 4gb limit for tethering, I know feel at home is 25gb on device - thats clearly stated, but the 4gb seems to be well hidden

also how do three know if you are tethering, I remember seeing something about chaining the mac address or ip address of the tethering device (I wanted to tether my kindle when I was in France) to stop them seeing it, but I think it involved jail breaking the device you wanted to tether

3. shandyman Suspended

4. shandyman Suspended

Also, this link. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...act-users-to-new-deals-as-it-axes-old-tariffs

I'm fine until November. Then I'm gonna look at the options. I only used about 30 minutes of voice and 20 sms messages each month over the last couple and the voice minutes were mainly chasing NHs for appointments. Most my calls/messages are FaceTime audio/iMessage. So all I really want is unlimited data. Honestly, even being limited to 4Gb tethering is fine, as I doubt I use anywhere near 2Gb on tethering alone.

5. eish2306 thread starter macrumors regular

eish2306

My last contract phone was the 4s on launch so 2011, in 2013 I went on the 1year then rolling contract of the 1 plan - from the above it would seem I can stay as I am based on that page on threes website

6. peterh988 macrumors 6502

This is the thread I referred to

http://blog.three.co.uk/2014/07/15/personal-hotspot-new-sim-plans/

As I said, I was told in store that if I went over the 4gb allowance I would be forcibly changed to a new, £15 plan.

I actually lost out here, before Xmas three rang me, offering me a 32gb 5s to change plans. This too good to be true offer, (why would they give someone a £500 phone to get them off a £180/yr plan?) plus the Indian voice made me think it was a scam, so I turned it down!

7. eish2306 thread starter macrumors regular

eish2306

im
    I haven't had that text and I am defiantly outside of the minimum term, so fingers crossed, I mean I rarely tether any more, but its nice to know I have it if I ever need it :( I used to like three, if I get that text I would be tempted to go elsewhere but they are still cheep even with this nonsense :( I do feel like they are dishonouring a contract though

8. eish2306 thread starter macrumors regular

eish2306

I did see that, but what i find funny is different mods say different things, oh now that you say something I may have had a similar call, but I hung up as I had a better phone, and if you have the money I'm pretty sure its always cheeper to buy form apple and get a sim only contract.

I've probed in store but never got far as they always want to look at my account, i never give name or number incase it prompts a change of contract text