The One Software I Can't Find For Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dpc01, Dec 15, 2011.

1. dpc01 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I really want to strictly use my Mac for everything but there is one piece of software that I just can't find: something that will let me edit MP3 tags. I bought iFlicks from the AppStore to edit metadata for videos and after spending hours searching online, it seems like many others have tried finding the same thing and have fallen short.

I don't want to run Windows on my Mac and it isn't a huge issue, but if I could just find a software that let me do this I would be able to use my Mac for everything.

Anyone have any suggestions? I don't mind paying even $50 for a app that would allow me to do this.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can easily edit MP3 tags with iTunes, which came with your Mac.

3. crazyspartan678 macrumors newbie

iTunes works fine, also try "Tag," it's free.

4. dpc01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You can edit the tags, but changing it in iTunes won't actually change the file's metadata, it will only change it in iTunes. So say you decide to use another media player, it won't reflect any changes you made in iTunes.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That is not true. Editing tags in iTunes does change the metadata in the file itself, and follows the file wherever it goes. Here's proof.