The Only Reason I Would Have Buyer's Remorse

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by donster28, Apr 28, 2013.

1. donster28, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013

donster28 macrumors 65816

Just got my Early-2013 15" RMBP last week when Bestbuy had a one day only sale. I am so glad that I got a perfect, I mean really perfect unit with no problems whatsoever: Samsung screen with no image retention, no dead pixels, no anomalies, no body noise or creaks, no imperfections, battery is lasting as expected, etc.

My return period ends soon and I am feeling very confident this unit is a keeper and there is no way I'm returning a perfect unit.

I am also not at all bothered by the escalating update rumours because I know, this beauty is powerful enough for my video editing needs for a long time to come.

The only reason that will definitely make me reconsider returning or selling my unit is if Apple redesigns the body and removes the bezel on the LCD, making a purely end-to-end screen. I know there is no mention yet about this from any rumours I've read or heard but if anybody knows anything about this, now is the time to convince me to wait hehe...:)

2. bcaslis macrumors 68020

They just introduced the retina body style last June so there is no chance they will be changing it this soon. Most body styles last at least two years (see previous models). Enjoy your new machine! :)

3. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks, I am definitely enjoying it, especially coming from a 13", the extra 2" do make a big difference. And I couldn't believe I was playing Half-Life 2 at over 60fps last night with it.

I do agree with you on Apple not likely changing the design at this point...I sure hope we're right. :)

4. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

No way they're going to change the design yet, it wouldn't make sense. You're fine :cool:

5. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

Redesign costs money for Apple. They wont do it again so soon.

6. willcapellaro macrumors 6502

While I'm sure that would be cool (and like many of Apple's design decisions, be a complex engineering task conferring minimal benefits to the end user), you need to calibrate your tech hormones if that situation would give you remorse. You have an amazing screen and the bezel is by no means huge.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Doubt that will happen any time soon.

Can you imagine every person who bumps the edge and their whole LCD cracks?

Also they would need perpendicular corners and that's a hazard.

8. abc123 macrumors 6502

It seems to me that removing the bezel would create more problems than it would solve. My bezel gets covered in finger prints from opening and closing the case, it would suck to have those prints over the screen real estate.

9. jamesbarns macrumors member

I don't think that Apple is going to be redesigning their laptops anytime soon, let alone before your return date is over. I would keep your purchase as long as you are happy with it (which I'm sure you are). Best of luck with the video editing!

10. donster28, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013

donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Great to hear. :)

Makes sense. :)

I love my new toy so much that a new bezel-less screen is the only reason that would make me a little sad, hehe...but I know what you mean. After all, the 15-inch has the smallest bezel out of the current crop of MacBooks, which makes me feel good. I remember owning the 11" MBA. Its big bezel was my only gripe that caused me to return it.

I guess a bezel-less screen on a laptop will not be that durable as you said. But if Apple puts some 'magic' into it, I'm sure it'll work hehe...;)

I agree with you. There should be a little allowance for our fingers when opening the lid. I can't wait for the day when the lid is motorized. :)

I'm very happy with my purchase and I'm already totally enjoying it. Video editing is a pleasure on it. Thanks. :)

11. thecurryman macrumors 6502

12. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

The unibody (pre-Retina) design came out in 2008 and is still being made. It's gonna take a long time before the Retina design is replaced!

By redesigning every few years, rather than months, Apple is able to make the design absolutely awesome. You've got literally the best laptop on the market at the moment. Relax!

13. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Finally, someone happy!

Would you have returned it, if everything were identical, EXCEPT it had an LG screen?

14. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

It wasn't a considerable discount...got my 15" rMBP (lowest config) for $1999. So it was about $150 off, but still good for me since I'm not a student or an educator.

----------

Sure thing...will relax. :)

----------

If I got an LG screen and it's good enough with no retention, I would have still kept it. :)

15. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

I'm glad it worked out great for you, welcome to the club! :)

16. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you. :)