iPad Pro The Onscreen Keyboard is Awesome

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ILowry82, Nov 24, 2015.

1. ILowry82 macrumors regular

I've had my iPad Pro for almost a week. I've been searching high and low for a smart keyboard with no luck. Tonight I decided to try to type using the onscreen keyboard. Wow! This thing is amazing. It is the perfect size for me to type on. I type just as fast and as accurate as I do with a physical keyboard. I might just save myself $170 and forget about the smart keyboard.

2. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

I agree, but I really like the smart keyboard as well, so wait and give it a shot.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

A separate keyboard was not an option for me as my Pro simply replaced my Air 2 which is used in my lap 99% of the time and a keyboard would not work for me. The on board keyboard is very nice indeed.

4. emembee macrumors regular

emembee

Tried it in store but no cmd key for switching apps that I could see, or was it hidden?

5. BrennerM macrumors regular

The onscreen keyboard only pops up in the context of a text field. If you tried to use it to switch apps you would have it disappearing when you went to the new app unless a text field was selected. I think Apple would say to use 4-finger swipe to switch applications.