Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

secksthoi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Wanted to try out gaming on the MBA. Do people still play the online of Team Fortress 2? I really just wanted Portal, but seeing as it's 20 dollars for the whole package; I'm on the fence between this or Left4Dead2. Suggestions? I've also never played either of these games.

RockPortTech

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2011
South Texas
I think you would enjoy the variety in The Orange Box. You will have a dedicated first person shooter, a dedicated online shooter as well as a very intriguing platform/puzzle game which took the gaming world by surprise.

secksthoi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
I tried running Portal on 10.6.6 with pretty good results, but with the mouse look being choppy on the textures. Running high or low settings didn't change this. Are you running on OSX or Windows?

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I imagine its still a good package, although Portal 2 is coming out soon... When portal 2 comes out and the orange box is updated I'm buying it for my MBP :D

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005
I imagine its still a good package, although Portal 2 is coming out soon... When portal 2 comes out and the orange box is updated I'm buying it for my MBP :D

I don't think the Orange box will be updated to include Portal 2. It was just a bundle that was released at the time because Valve released both TF2, Half Life 2: Episode 2 and Portal at the same time, and it gave newcomers the change to catch up with the storyline of Half-Life 2.

This time it's just Portal 2 and it will only be sold separately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.