The Orange Box

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by secksthoi, Apr 8, 2011.

1. secksthoi macrumors member

Wanted to try out gaming on the MBA. Do people still play the online of Team Fortress 2? I really just wanted Portal, but seeing as it's 20 dollars for the whole package; I'm on the fence between this or Left4Dead2. Suggestions? I've also never played either of these games.

2. RockPortTech macrumors regular

I think you would enjoy the variety in The Orange Box. You will have a dedicated first person shooter, a dedicated online shooter as well as a very intriguing platform/puzzle game which took the gaming world by surprise.

3. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

Yeah, TF2 still has a good online population.

4. secksthoi thread starter macrumors member

I tried running Portal on 10.6.6 with pretty good results, but with the mouse look being choppy on the textures. Running high or low settings didn't change this. Are you running on OSX or Windows?

5. lucashungaro macrumors member

I've heard some people are using iMouseFix to help with this issue on OS X: http://mac.softpedia.com/get/System-Utilities/iMouseFix.shtml

(I don't use it, just heard about it)

6. secksthoi thread starter macrumors member

It's more of the graphics. When I am looking around, the graphics are choppy. Frame rate? Is it the fact I am running it on OSX? I didn't update to 10.6.7.

7. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I imagine its still a good package, although Portal 2 is coming out soon... When portal 2 comes out and the orange box is updated I'm buying it for my MBP :D

8. GekkePrutser macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

I don't think the Orange box will be updated to include Portal 2. It was just a bundle that was released at the time because Valve released both TF2, Half Life 2: Episode 2 and Portal at the same time, and it gave newcomers the change to catch up with the storyline of Half-Life 2.

This time it's just Portal 2 and it will only be sold separately.