The original Macbook unveiling

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by ZiggyPastorius, Aug 20, 2008.

1. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Okay, this may seem like a somewhat obnoxious question, but I've been searching like crazy, both on MR and across the internet. I cannot for the life of me find the Macbook unveiling. Where the hell is it? I find Macbook Pro's unveiling, Macbook air, Mac Pros, iMacs, even the iBooks...but I've not found the Macbook's original unveiling anywhere on video. It was Macworld 2006 right? Wherever it was, I've been searching youtube videos and google, et cetera...nothing. Can anyone tell me where to find it?

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Nope, you can't find it for a reason: it doesn't exist. The MacBook didn't have any special conference for it's release, AFAIK.

3. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Are you serious? That would explain it, but...bleh. So, there was no, "and by the way, we've added a new consumer laptop that will replace the iBook..may I introduce the Macbook" or anything like that?

Lame.

4. Burgess07 macrumors regular

Burgess07

5. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Thanks for the link. I don't see anything about the Macbook, but it's a cool resource nontheless. Thanks! :)

6. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

The way it went down as far as I remembered, the rumors were growing, then on Apple's Home Page, I saw the MacBook for the first time. That was the year WWDC was pushed to August, and at that conference they introduced the Mac Pro and talked about Leopard.