iPad Pro The Pencil Charges Really Quick

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Dammit Cubs, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

For those who are wondering....

I had the pencil at 51%, i connected it to my Ipad Pro. I walked away to talk to a cube neighbor for about 5 minutes. I came back it was charged.

I'll test how long it takes from 0% to 100% next time.

2. WilliamG macrumors 604

Yes it is blindingly quick to charge. The battery has to be absolutely tiny. Be interested to see a tear-down of it.

3. veryangrybirds macrumors member

Yes that was quite a surprise to me as well. The cap is also a possible money maker for 3rd party manufacturer's. I can imagine them creating cute figurines as replacement caps for the pencil ... just got the pencil this afternoon and am already a big fan of it. now if they can only send the keyboard already ...

4. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

Grips for the Apple Pencil will be the real money maker.

5. veryangrybirds macrumors member

Speaking of grips, I already got that Moxiware "Pencil Magnet" for the pencil. That solves having my pencil stick to my IPP .. hopefully it improves the grip as well ...

6. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Sidebar: How long did it take for you to get your Moxiware Pencil magnet? I just ordered one but there's no tracking on standard shipping so I was curious. I have a dumb stylus with a magnet that sticks wonderfully on the Smart Cover -- looking forward to doing the same with the Pencil.

7. veryangrybirds macrumors member

it took several days to get confirmation. I got an 'item shipped email' yesterday and it said it was shipped via Canada Post ... SoCal here so not sure when that will arrive ..

8. bizzy045 macrumors 6502

bizzy045

I got the same email..canada post as well..im in the dallas area.