The perfect apple ecosystem setup?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheKevinFang, Jul 10, 2015.

?

Choice of combo?

1. iP6(S) with iPad Air variant

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. iP6(S) Plus

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. iP6(S) Plus with iPad Air variant

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  4. iP6(S) with iPad Pro

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. iP6(S) Plus with iPad Pro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheKevinFang macrumors member

To keep this short (as I am typing on my phone), I was going to buy an iPhone 6(S) plus, but I am considering an iPhone 6(S) regular along with an iPad Air 3 next year.
    I'm new to the apple game and I own a temporary iPhone 5 and a Galaxy Tab.

Would you guys say an iPhone 6 with iPad Air size combo be better than an iPhone 6 Plus by itself, or with an iPad Pro?

Sorry if this sounds confusing, but if you guys vote on the poll and give an explanation as to which combo/setup you prefer an why, that would be appreciated (in YOUR experiences, nobody post it depends!)

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

To begin, I have an iPhone 6 plus and an iPad Air 2.

Most people will tell you the "best" combination is iPhone 6 with iPad Air. However, I found that each of the different sizes has its benefits. I therefore base my selection on the situations where I mostly use my devices.

For my phone, there are times I wish my phone is smaller, like when I am wearing shorts and taking a walk. But most of time, I really enjoy the bigger screen, especially when I don't have my iPad and computers around. My advice is get the biggest screen phone that you are comfortable carrying around with you.

As for the iPad, get the full size if you mainly use it at home or work, in front of a desk, or at least sitting down. If you plan to use it for writing, a full size iPad is an obvious choice too. However, if it is mostly a mobile device, then the mini would work better. When I am traveling, I find that using my iPad while walking around does not work well.

3. TheKevinFang thread starter macrumors member

Do you find the 6 Plus obtrusive while walking with it in your front pocket? E.g. Your phone is hanging out or you have to readjust frequently? Is this worse when sitting down? Because I always sit down with my phone in my front pocket.

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

No. But that won't matter to you. Go to a store and try it out yourself.

5. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

None of the above... the 6S remains but a rumor to be revealed at a later date.

Living in the present and enjoying it, my latest trio of 2015 models are my favs.

1) 15" MacBook Pro
    2) iPad Air 2
    3) iPhone 6 Plus

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

6+ and mini 3 for me. I like the iPad like rotation of the plus over the 6 and also the extra screen real estate whilst browsing.

Pocket issues well I've not had any

7. Trickhot3102 macrumors 6502

Trickhot3102

This is for me...

iPhone 5s and Apple Watch- everywhere but home

iPad- home use and bringing it out on occasion.

8. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

This is my apple set up right now:

iPhone 6 plus
    iPad Air 2
    iPad mini 3
    Apple watch
    MacBook Air 11 inch
    Apple TV

I have a very full apple ecosystem and it works really well together. From your list I'd probably say the iPhone 6S plus and iPad Air. I use a similar set up and I find it works really well. Before I had the 6 plus I used the Galaxy note series for 2 years so the iphone 6 was too small for me.

I'd need to see the iPad pro to know if it would add anything to my set up.

9. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

According to your list, I would prefer iPad air 2 with iPhone 6(s) plus. I prefer larger screen for phone in order to see more content in a glimpse. But I don't really want an iPad with ridiculous 12" size and feature as an "enhanced version" of iPad, IF it runs modified version of iOS, not Mac OS X.

And for iPad, it would be possible to use it as a silent ebook reader, and sometimes for short time gaming due to, yes, bigger screen, and better experience.

I don't mind carrying a large phone for a jogging or a long walk, as I would often carry a small bag with me or even take nothing but a phone and, perhaps, a local transport card.

Now due to obvious performance advantage, iPhone 6 Plus becomes almost my main device. iPad mini has been turned to a, especially these days, beta software testing device, although I install iOS 9 beta 3 on my iPhone as well.

10. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Not going to comment on the iPad Pro as I think it's still way to early to speculate on how it would integrate with other devices: will it be targeted as a laptop replacement? Just a bigger iPad? What exclusive software features will it have?

That said, I voted for iPad Air and iPhone 6 Plus. However, I think it's still a very personal choice. I'd say that the choice of iPad and the choice of iPhone are still mutually exclusive. The iPhone 6 Plus is not big enough to replace a tablet, so I think it comes down to whether you want a larger phone or not. One doesn't really influence the other.

Perhaps an iPhone Plus and an iPad mini may appear a slightly redundant combination, but if you're dead set on an Air/Pro, just choose the phone you like best.

11. cynics macrumors G3

With your options I'd prefer iPhone 6 with an iPad Air 2.

I prefer a small phone which is why I use an iPhone 5S. And I'll probably hold onto it for another year or two unless there are features I really start missing out on. I already wish I had ApplyPay NFC that the 6 offers but at this point still prefer the size of the 5S.

The iPad Pro will have to be truly remarkable for me find any interest in it. I have an iMac for things my iPad can't handle and if I needed a mobile solution I would lean more toward a MacBook Pro than a tablet.

12. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

I agree with this. I am hoping for an upgraded Mini this year. My grandson dropped my Mini 2 and shattered the screen so I am using an iPad 4 along with my iPhone 6 Plus, but really miss the Mini form factor. Will be doing an iPhone 6S Plus and a Mini this year, if the rumors of an Mini refresh are true.

13. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

no mini option?

i'm thinking of iphone 6 plus and ipad air 2/ ipad mini 4....might be overkill though.

14. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

can't imagine why there won't be a new ipad mini...it sold well, right?

15. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

wow

how do you manage your air 2 and mini? do you just use your mini when out and about?

16. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Addicted to large screens, while irrelevant presently as it's not out yet, here's my pick later upon its release:

1) iPad Pro
    2) iP6 Plus
    3) 15" MacBook Pro

I'm purposely skipping over the iP6 Plus S as it's simply not much of an update unless their are significant last minute changes that haven't made the rumor mill. Even at that there's not a hint of anything I'd find compelling.

17. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Yeah I use my mini for my daily commute and the air 2 at home. I find the air 2 a tad too large to be hauling around on the tube during rush hour.

18. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yeah I get that

Think I'm going to get ipad mini 3 end of the month then ipad air 3 in October

19. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Don't bother iPad you got a Samsung Galaxy Tab you should be fine with Samsung Chromebook laptop for less price and also try Google Chrome Stick, you got a complete Android ecosystem!!

20. Codeseven macrumors 6502a

Mine will be an iPhone 5S (the 6/6+ are both too big for my use) and hopefully an iPad Pro to replace my old 2008 MBP (I retired my home built Windows Gamer PC long ago).

21. The Game 161, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015

The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I want the best of both worlds.

want a more easier tablet to handle on a daily basics

I will be selling my note 4 in favour of Iphone 6+ S as well.

22. smooth macrumors 6502

smooth

I have quite an extensive Apple ecosystem. My iPad 3 (which will be upgraded to an Air 3) is my main device. I also have a 6+ and a MacBook Pro. The 6+ screen size is a huge improvement over the iPhones 4 and 5, which I've had, but it is just too small to be a tablet replacement for me. If I used my iPad exclusively at home, I'd consider a Pro, but I use my iPad for reading a lot so the Pro might be a bit too big for that.