Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JRP110

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Good evening.

Still awaiting delivery of my new 32GB gold 5s. According to the Apple website , they're going to keep me waiting till around 4th November (Ordered online with Apple 9th October.

Anyway , personally I've always had a case on my iPhones. I think the iPhones are a beautiful phone & seems a shame to dress them , however they're also not cheap. I tend to always have a case on when out & about , work , play etc , however let them breath when home. I can't wait for my new Gold iphone 5s , if it's as attractive & good looking as the white/silver iphone 5 that I currently have , I'll be very happy indeed. Previous to this 5 , I'd always had black iPhones , however I have to say I was totally converted when the black & white 5's came out & I just can't ever see me going back to black. I change my iphone every year , so thought I'd punt for the Gold this time round as looked so damn classy & understated.

With such a beautiful phone as the 5 & 5's are (my opinion) to me it's important the right case is used. I want protection , but my phone still has to look good & not totally wrapped up. I searched high & low for the right one for my 5 , used many but was never happy.

This all changed when I found the CX Clear crystal case from Extreme - Shield. Totally clear Crystal silicone with side & back protection. It fits perfectly tight , & as it's clear , even when on you still enjoy the colour & beauty of the phone you've chosen. I have used this case for the last 12 months , & just ordered again , ready for a new/fresh one for when my 5s arrives. For £19.99 & buy one , get one free , in my opinion they are fantastic value for the strength , looks & durability it provides.

Sorry if I've gone on , however I'm sure there's many of us out there that love the look of our iPhones , want to protect them , however don't want to completely hide their beauty. If so , then it's with taking a look at them if you're still searching for that perfect case.

Cheers.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Fro...id=1382141169&sr=8-1&keywords=Diztronic+clear

Ordered the Diztronic. I have had the black and loved it. Now with the gold I think this will be great. Even if it yellows a few months from now it's 6 bucks I'll just get a new one.

I used to be a fan of the diztronic case until it scratched the hell out of my iphone 5. Dirt would get stuck in there. Mine wasn't a perfect fit. It was a little loose. Used the same case with my 5s thinking it couldn't be the case. 3 weeks later my 5s has a few scratches on the edges. Ended up throwing the case away and ordering a Magpul case.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
I used to be a fan of the diztronic case until it scratched the hell out of my iphone 5. Dirt would get stuck in there. Mine wasn't a perfect fit. It was a little loose. Used the same case with my 5s thinking it couldn't be the case. 3 weeks later my 5s has a few scratches on the edges. Ended up throwing the case away and ordering a Magpul case.

Any chance you get the clear? Otherwise it would defeat the purpose of this thread. The magpul doesn't look that clear although I too enjoy the case.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
Any chance you get the clear? Otherwise it would defeat the purpose of this thread. The magpul doesn't look that clear although I too enjoy the case.

I had the black one but all the diztronic cases have the exact same specifications. I have been looking for a good clear case but heard they all change color after a while. Would love to see how the case the op suggested works out. Heard good things about the Magpul.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
My diztronic experiences have been great on multiple phones. It is TPU so I'm sure there are inaccuracies sometimes. Magpul is good. Just a bit too big. Plus im not a gun guy :)

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
I see promoters are getting better at posting.

That's funny. No I've owned wayyy too many cases. Just look at my posts I support all cases. Unfortunately my wallet is not well.

----------

Oh I received the peel. Although thin it was terrible fit. Thankfully the owner gave me a full refund.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
That's funny. No I've owned wayyy too many cases. Just look at my posts I support all cases. Unfortunately my wallet is not well.

----------

Oh I received the peel. Although thin it was terrible fit. Thankfully the owner gave me a full refund.

He wasn't talking about you...

Dascoyne

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2013
Palo Alto, Ca
This all changed when I found the CX Clear crystal case from Extreme - Shield. Totally clear Crystal silicone with side & back protection. It fits perfectly tight , & as it's clear , even when on you still enjoy the colour & beauty of the phone you've chosen. I have used this case for the last 12 months , & just ordered again , ready for a new/fresh one for when my 5s arrives. For £19.99 & buy one , get one free , in my opinion they are fantastic value for the strength , looks & durability it provides.
I tried that product and within a week there was corrosion on my screen, I lost all LTE, was diagnosed with impotence and discovered I had a brain tumor in the shape of an iPhone.

I notified their CS and they sent me a coupon code for 15% off my next purchase.

JRP110

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Good afternoon all.

With regards to the discoloration , yes I have noticed this on the case I mentioned & used. I guess it's what you call fading over time. My job basically means my phone is on my work desk for some amount of time & with the warmer & brighter summer we had here in the UK this year , I would say this has contributed. If anything it's gone from Crystal Clear as the product suggests, to a faint gold/brown colour. Now granted this is not ideal , however I guess on the Gold iphone 5s this may not look too ugly. If this doesn't look right then as i said , it was buy one & get one free , so I always have this to fall back on.

Thanks for the other suggestions though , i'll certainly take a look. Unlike what some posters think , I have nowt to do with this company , never have & never will. Just merely posting my experiences on a product that is competing with so many others. If my experience was that of utter ***** , rest assured I'd of posted that too.

Fortunately I have had no corrosion on my screen , my ever aging brain matter still appears to be functioning ok , & both of my average sized knackers perform to the high standard I set myself when I was 18 (many moons ago)

Cheers

JonathanK81

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2006
I went with the Luvvitt Clearview, couldn't be happier. Best clear case on the market. I've tried a few others, but this one has been my favorite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.