The perfect clear case for iphone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JRP110, Oct 18, 2013.

1. JRP110 macrumors member

Good evening.

Still awaiting delivery of my new 32GB gold 5s. According to the Apple website , they're going to keep me waiting till around 4th November (Ordered online with Apple 9th October.

Anyway , personally I've always had a case on my iPhones. I think the iPhones are a beautiful phone & seems a shame to dress them , however they're also not cheap. I tend to always have a case on when out & about , work , play etc , however let them breath when home. I can't wait for my new Gold iphone 5s , if it's as attractive & good looking as the white/silver iphone 5 that I currently have , I'll be very happy indeed. Previous to this 5 , I'd always had black iPhones , however I have to say I was totally converted when the black & white 5's came out & I just can't ever see me going back to black. I change my iphone every year , so thought I'd punt for the Gold this time round as looked so damn classy & understated.

With such a beautiful phone as the 5 & 5's are (my opinion) to me it's important the right case is used. I want protection , but my phone still has to look good & not totally wrapped up. I searched high & low for the right one for my 5 , used many but was never happy.

This all changed when I found the CX Clear crystal case from Extreme - Shield. Totally clear Crystal silicone with side & back protection. It fits perfectly tight , & as it's clear , even when on you still enjoy the colour & beauty of the phone you've chosen. I have used this case for the last 12 months , & just ordered again , ready for a new/fresh one for when my 5s arrives. For £19.99 & buy one , get one free , in my opinion they are fantastic value for the strength , looks & durability it provides.

Sorry if I've gone on , however I'm sure there's many of us out there that love the look of our iPhones , want to protect them , however don't want to completely hide their beauty. If so , then it's with taking a look at them if you're still searching for that perfect case.

Cheers.

2. Robster3 macrumors 68000

3. JRP110 thread starter macrumors member

Errrr , what ?

4. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

5. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

6. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

7. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I used to be a fan of the diztronic case until it scratched the hell out of my iphone 5. Dirt would get stuck in there. Mine wasn't a perfect fit. It was a little loose. Used the same case with my 5s thinking it couldn't be the case. 3 weeks later my 5s has a few scratches on the edges. Ended up throwing the case away and ordering a Magpul case.

8. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

Any chance you get the clear? Otherwise it would defeat the purpose of this thread. The magpul doesn't look that clear although I too enjoy the case.

9. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I had the black one but all the diztronic cases have the exact same specifications. I have been looking for a good clear case but heard they all change color after a while. Would love to see how the case the op suggested works out. Heard good things about the Magpul.

10. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

My diztronic experiences have been great on multiple phones. It is TPU so I'm sure there are inaccuracies sometimes. Magpul is good. Just a bit too big. Plus im not a gun guy :)

11. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I see promoters are getting better at posting.

12. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

That's funny. No I've owned wayyy too many cases. Just look at my posts I support all cases. Unfortunately my wallet is not well.

----------

Oh I received the peel. Although thin it was terrible fit. Thankfully the owner gave me a full refund.

13. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

He wasn't talking about you...

14. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

15. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

Oh haha my bad. Been a long day!

16. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

I tried that product and within a week there was corrosion on my screen, I lost all LTE, was diagnosed with impotence and discovered I had a brain tumor in the shape of an iPhone.

I notified their CS and they sent me a coupon code for 15% off my next purchase.

17. JRP110 thread starter macrumors member

Good afternoon all.

With regards to the discoloration , yes I have noticed this on the case I mentioned & used. I guess it's what you call fading over time. My job basically means my phone is on my work desk for some amount of time & with the warmer & brighter summer we had here in the UK this year , I would say this has contributed. If anything it's gone from Crystal Clear as the product suggests, to a faint gold/brown colour. Now granted this is not ideal , however I guess on the Gold iphone 5s this may not look too ugly. If this doesn't look right then as i said , it was buy one & get one free , so I always have this to fall back on.

Thanks for the other suggestions though , i'll certainly take a look. Unlike what some posters think , I have nowt to do with this company , never have & never will. Just merely posting my experiences on a product that is competing with so many others. If my experience was that of utter ***** , rest assured I'd of posted that too.

Fortunately I have had no corrosion on my screen , my ever aging brain matter still appears to be functioning ok , & both of my average sized knackers perform to the high standard I set myself when I was 18 (many moons ago)

Cheers

18. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

19. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502

JonathanK81

I went with the Luvvitt Clearview, couldn't be happier. Best clear case on the market. I've tried a few others, but this one has been my favorite.