The Perfect iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonelover999, Jan 6, 2008.

1. iphonelover999 macrumors newbie

What would your perfect iPhone have mine:
    -Of course 3G capability and upgraded camera with say 3-4 megapixels and be able to record video and have flash on the camera
    -flash for online web page viewing
    -30-40GB of storage my itunes library is 25GB 8GB just doesn't cut it (may take a while till flash prices drop though)
    -landscape keyboard in any app I'm in and the ability to use and app without being in safari
    -be able to search my phones numbers without just scrolling (name search)
    -send im and sms to multiple recipients and multi media messages
    -be able to run javascript apps.
    -be able to record voice with notes and calender so I can better schedule my priorities
    -no more recessed headphone jack and have the phone come with better headphones (the ones with it suck)
    -full bluetooth ability
    -copy and paste (hopefully will be in 1.1.3 update)
    -GPS though depends on how good the Google cell tower-triangulation works may not be needed but nice to replace dash GPS units for a really all-in-one device

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I'd love to see an iPhone variant for more serious photographers that could take the place of a point and shoot. Something with actual optical zoom and a reasonably sized sensor (at least 1/2.5", but preferably bigger). Wouldn't be for everyone, but it'd sure excite me.

Your other improvements sound good. 30-40GB is currently unrealistic at the current price point though. 16, one would assume, would be the next step up, and even that'll probably take a little while.

3. aanndrew macrumors member

Apperance
    slimmer
    coulor choice white black platinum / pink (for the girls)
    No diffenerence is front pannel

Software
    Im, Muli media message ( I use this), record/playback video,
    Apples own customise, summerboard.
    Games Google earth
    Anti virus app
    cut and paste
    send SMS mms to multi people
    photo edit softwar music software
    Hardware
    GPS, 3G, USB port, 16 - 30 gigbyte, flash java

That's all I can think of ATM
    I'm happy with my iPhone now so there's no rush for the new one

Also the provider should sort out the conection before release.

4. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

^ Ditto with everything he said.

I wanna add something about the USB comment. I want ALL apple devices to have Micro-USB port for sync and charge. I can't overstate how convenient it is to be able to charge both my KRZR and my BB with either one charger or one cable when I'm travelling. If Apple can join the standard, it'd be great.

Also, please use the new superChip from Quallcomm, learn soemthing about BT implementation from SonyEricsson, and use a 624Mhz CPU. If possible allow Perian extension to Quicktime and access to filesystem directly (for the sake of videos and misc files)

As for colour choices, I vote for gunmetal grey, silver, black, and midnight-sky blue (that ominous deep deep blue).

5. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

what is stopping you from doing that now?

as for myself, the ability to install 3rd party apps that will take full advantage of the technology inside my current phone!

that would make it perfect for myself, maybe 16GBs but that is it!

6. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

7. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

Most of the above but also

- FireWire support (this goes for iPods as well)

- fast scrolling (it was the gradual speeding of the click wheel that made the iPod popular) I would like this implementation in a similar was as it is in the contacts list, just do it without the letters though

8. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

NO! I, along with millions of others, have spent millions (in my case, hundreds) of dollars on iPod accessories that use the Apple dock connector and would be extremely angry if all those accessories were mad obsolete.

I remember when the iPhone was first released and people weren't sure if it would have a dock connector there was a huge uproar, so I'm not the only one who feels this way.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What would that change?

10. iStefmac macrumors regular

Contracts? What do contracts have to do with an iPhone?

I have an iPhone, since day 1.

I also don't have a contract with any cell carrier.

Two words:

Go Phone

11. iStefmac macrumors regular

If the iPhone actually worked with more than handful of iPod accessories, I'd agree with you.

12. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

I'd love to use the sides of the iphone for scrolling and other functions. Make them touch sensitive. Using your finger to scroll works pretty good but sometimes it gets a lil frustrating when you are scrolling a webpage only to find out you hit a link accidentaly.

I wish apple had implented this in current iphone. The whole area around the screen should've been touch sensitive. I really wish they consider it with next iPhone. Iphone as is right now is really great Thanx to its fantastic multi touch technology. But using your fingers on the screen all the time means a good portion of the screen is hidden behind your hands. Imagine web surfing/reading/ watching videos on your iphone without your fingers blocking your view et al. Implementing copy/paste with this extra input source would've been a no brainer. 3G alone is not going to make be buy the next iPhone. I want apple to add more such innovative features.

EDIT: oops. I just remembered. This idea didnt come out of my mind. I checked the forums and found out where i got it from. There is already an apple patent filed for such input method. That was before iPhone was announced and it seemed like a "not so great" but still a workable interface for the rumored full screen iPod. Some time later iphone got announced and everyone forgot bout it as multi touch for a full screen device seemed way better than anything else. But now if apple combines these two techs in the next iPhone....... There goes my400-600$ to Apple Inc.
    here's the link to the MR article

[​IMG]

13. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I love how there are like at least 3 of these threads a week.:rolleyes:

14. TimJim macrumors 6502a

3G
    4 Megapixel Camera w/ Flash and Video
    16GB
    Slimmer
    3rd Party Apps
    Copy/Paste