The perfect shoes for standing all day at work?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gator24765, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

What would you guys recommend for a pair of shoes for work? Basically I stand the entire 8 hour shift and run during it as well. The main color has to be black.

Basically I have worked this job for 15 months and my old shoes are run down and make my feet hurt. I'm mainly looking for comfort.

I was looking at the Reebok Zigtechs.. they look comfortable

any experience or suggestions?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If it's a casual environment I like Merrells.

3. MacHamster68, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

in all seriousness barefeet and let those 2 feet of yours breath fresh air is the best way to go after all thats what your feet had been made for originally to be used all day ;)

but if you need shoes i say if you stand all day , and dont need safety boots at work ,then i'd go for Birkenstock clogs , they are the best form of shoe if you need to stay or walk around all day
    as they are made especially with your feet in mind instead of some fashion trend . your feet will say thank you

[​IMG]

4. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I hate Rockports! I prefer Ecco, but it really is a matter of preference/foot shape.

I think Merrells are a great suggestion. Anything that's shaped right for your feet, and are a bit thick, would be great. Wearing thin-soled shoes isn't a good idea for just standing or running around, but funny enough, the other suggestion of going barefoot is also a good idea.