The Perfect Sleeve/Case......for me (13")

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Silver5656, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Silver5656, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011

Silver5656 macrumors member

After going through several cases, I decided to go for the hard candy bubble 13. I wrote a super mini review in my other post (basically it was a flop). I decided to go to frys, microcenter, and the apple store and decided on the Level 8 sleeve. This was the only neoprene case/sleeve I could find that did a good job in forming to the wedge shape of the 13" air. While there are a few that fit the 11" air, it seems that all the ones I could find for the 13" were for the air and the MBP, and this didnt sit well for me because it left a large gap in the case. The Level 8 however is pinched on the bottom to accommodate the wedge shape. The small pocket in the front is pretty useless (maybe it'll fit a usb cable) but will not fit anything of thickness, not even my external usb hard drive. The inside is padded pretty well, with a "bubbly" texture, although this does make the case a little thicker than it should be, but this doesnt bother me. I do highly recommend this for people looking for a form fitted simple neoprene case/sleeve

2. Silver5656 thread starter macrumors member

well, just got my wrapsol. couple points i'd like to mention.

1. it went on relatively easily, although I do see where the concerns regarding the wet application come from. you just have to make sure to soak up the excess while you are squee'geeing?

2. The decals are not cut perfectly. there are several areas that are not cut sharply thus leaving loose ends or even jagged edges

3. I wish the feel of the wrist area decal were smoother, but this is not a big deal. I hope it holds up against daily use. I installed this because my old mbp intel (non unibody) had some signs of pitting

4. Its nice that they include everything, including a lint free wipe, squeegee, and diluted soap application

3. MistaMacky macrumors newbie

Level 8 pocket is fine. I use it to store usb cable, 8gb flash drive, power adapter, headphones and even my iPod nano if I feel like it. Its bulky looking, but all the stuff fits in just fine. Aesthetically displeasing might be more appropriate haha

4. Silver5656 thread starter macrumors member

lol wow thats impressive, i cant even get my power adapter in there. my usb drive fits barely w/o the case. maybe i should stretch it out