The phantom menu item

Discussion in 'macOS' started by blastedfrogs, Dec 30, 2009.

1. blastedfrogs macrumors newbie

I just got one of the new iMacs at the beginning of this month, and last week I found this strange item on the menu bar. It wasn't there when I logged in, I just walked into the room after leaving the computer running for a while and saw it there. I don't remember having any other applications open besides maybe Mail, and, if anything else, definitely not anything I hadn't used before. The only thing it did was display "Initializing..." in its pulldown. I tried to figure out what it was for five minutes, until deciding to give up and wait for it to finish loading itself. When I returned fifteen minutes later, it was gone. I haven't seen it since.

Does anyone here know what it is or what it belongs to?

1.png

2.png

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

ahh yes, this is for wwan, this happens, which is a cool feature when the proper software isnt installed. its really cool cuz it has this feature already built in, so u dont need to software. but what wwan is, is those verizon, sprint, and at&t cards or whatever companies provide them these days, but yeah its for internet cards. so if u have put one in it is normal, but if u didnt, try restarting it cuz it got confused.