The Phone of 2015

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hydrocity, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

I remember, around the year 2005, most mobile phones were big, thick and certainly did not have the features we see today. Technology expanded so greatly, and here we are today, with phones razor thin, screens with amazing resolutions, video calling, etc.

If I think about it, what else could we have, aside from 1000TB of storage, 100GB RAM, etc.

We don't know if the iPhone will make it to the year 2015, it may die in a few years, and we might have some other crazy device. I just wanted to know, what do you guys think mobile phones will be like 5 years from now? Some may say, 'Oh, we will have phones 2mm thick', but is that very practical? We may have holograms coming out of the screen, 3D images without glasses, or even mind control rather than touch. I really do not know...

2. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

we already have 3d without glasses
    look up 3ds like the nintendo ds

3. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I don't see them getting much thinner, remember after the razr when phones really started to get really thin that they just weren't practical and had crappy battery life? I just don't see them getting too much thinner than the current iPhone, which is just as thin as the nokia e71x, blackjack, and moto q. As for other features, I really cant imagine what else they be capable of other than the usual faster processor, more storage, better graphics, better cameras, and better battery. Maybe like a holographic projector, where you set the phone down and it projects a holographic Image above it with a minority report like gesture system.

4. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

-At least in the US (since this has already caught on other places), the phone will be your wallet for credit card transactions, etc.
    -Take your computer with you: simply plug your iphone into any mac (or just through short-range wireless) and your computer, with all its media, folders, and files will be right where you are.
    -Facial recognition or simple PIN for security
    -Better notifications (sorry, had to)

I'll try to think of some more. This is fun and a pretty good thinking exercise.

5. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

That is more like 3D within a screen. I mean like movie theater 3D. Images that look like they are flying at your face.

I like your inputs everyone! Keep them up. This is a very interesting idea, well at least to me it is.

6. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

My iPhone will be embedded in my right temple. I hope I'm dead by then.

7. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

If you look at the way technology is going, it is inevitable that at some point iPhones/computers/etc. will become an implanted chip, but I'm not fond of the concept.

8. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

9. rangtang macrumors member

I think that there will be more car implementation such as using it to unlock,start, etc. James Bond type stuff :cool:
    Wireless charging built in
    xbox 360 Kinect type recognition to facial movements, etc.
    Holotype projectors (maybe, please)
    Real lightsabers with the laser beam and sounds!!! (ok ok maybe not)

10. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

The idea of chips being inserted inside the body did cross my mind, but it seems very weird. I would rather have a cool shiny device...

11. PennStateMatt macrumors newbie

holographic screens will be the next big thing I think

12. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

That's a pretty cool concept.

13. CJayC macrumors 6502

It's called a hologram.

14. Tee Hee macrumors member

15. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

a lot of remote start hardware for your car comes with apps like this, not new technology at all

16. aluren macrumors 65816

I think it'll interact with other electronics more seamlessly. The iPhone will be used as your tv remote, control your lights, set temp in your oven, start your car, use it as your car key by proximity sensors, etc. I know some of these features are available now, but it doesn't feel as seamless as it could be. It would be nice if your phone becomes your identity/access to everything you own.

17. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Wrong. The next generation Nintendo hand held gaming device, called the 3DS, can create 3D images without the use of special glasses. It just has an extremely small viewing angle, but I've heard it works very well.

Why even predict phones in 2015? It's not like we're going to make it past 2012.

18. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Phones will get thinner. Every year they'll chip a nanometer off :p

But iThink we'll be seeing full 3D without glasses soon. Maybe not 2015, but soon after.

Introducing the iPhone 3D. Touch everything.

3D FaceTime… Lol

19. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Nokia has fantastic concept designs..

As for technology, I'd like to see nano particles that create energy to power the phone through vibrations when you're moving around removing the need for chargers.

The phone of the future will have to be completely lead free. Also, I think we should have some industry standards so you can use any phone to perform any function in conjunction with other branded phones.

20. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Heres my predictions on where the iPhone may be heading. Not just in 2015 but further

-3D HD resolution screen exactly like how the new DS 3D works. This will be implemented in the OS and applications.

-Huge enhancements on the front and back camera (iPhone can now be a choice to use as a stand alone camera)

-Voice to text (We all know we can type faster on a physical keyboard than an onscreen but we also know we can talk faster than we type, this can be implemented in all apps. The onscreen keyboard will still be around for privacy reasons *you don't want to say something embarrassing in public*

-Bigger screen

-Wireless syncing

-Online OS (every music, app, podcast.. ect is saved on the cloud with this Online OS with your apple account)

-Thinner (iPhone is thin enough that falls won't break or damage it *no more cases!)

-Slightly flexible (this helps not have the iPhone break in half for being so thin

-More visible in sunlight (whatever material they will use in the future that will help the visibility of the screen in sunlight)

-Gaming apps with a huge improvement on graphics.

-Solar power charge to keep battery life going longer

Anymore you guys can think of?

21. arunim macrumors member

22. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

I hope iPhone of 2015 will finally have scrolling song titles in iPod app.

23. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Shake and call a random person :D

24. arunim macrumors member

haha no what I meant was it will be as small and u can pin it to your shirt