Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
UK
Went over today. Also liked the SLR Magic stand. I'd love to play with their new Anamorphic Adapter. Speed Graphic and Linhoff Studio also had some interesting stuff. The Canon stand seemed a bit disappointing although it does reflect their place in the market these days - big and unimaginative. I didn't spot any bargains either and came home with a healthy bank balance!

I never understand why people bring their cameras with them? Its like they feel the camera wants to have a day out too. I also got a bit creeped out by the number of older men letching in to take photos of young girls in skimpy outfits. I think I just answered my own question there. Ah well, make the most of it before the new law comes in: :D

http://beezlystreet.com/2015/03/21/silly-old-tossers-banned-from-being-photographers/

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Went over today. Also liked the SLR Magic stand. I'd love to play with their new Anamorphic Adapter. Speed Graphic and Linhoff Studio also had some interesting stuff. The Canon stand seemed a bit disappointing although it does reflect their place in the market these days - big and unimaginative. I didn't spot any bargains either and came home with a healthy bank balance!

I never understand why people bring their cameras with them? Its like they feel the camera wants to have a day out too. I also got a bit creeped out by the number of older men letching in to take photos of young girls in skimpy outfits. I think I just answered my own question there. Ah well, make the most of it before the new law comes in: :D

http://beezlystreet.com/2015/03/21/silly-old-tossers-banned-from-being-photographers/

Couldn't agree more. Saw one guy with two FF Nikon bodies on a Black Rapid harness with at least 300mm lenses. Why two? I think for a lot of people it's like a badge of honour. Look at me, see what I own.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK

I must have a look at the anamorphic adapter. There's an interesting post somewhere on Steve Huff's site written by someone who'd just got an SLR Magic lens for his Nex 7 and he referred to it as his glass paintbrush. Wish I'd thought of that phrase!

Couldn't agree more. Saw one guy with two FF Nikon bodies on a Black Rapid harness with at least 300mm lenses. Why two? I think for a lot of people it's like a badge of honour. Look at me, see what I own.

I took mine with me, but I always have it with me when I'm out, just in case. I wouldn't have wanted to have a DSLR with me though. That's the nice thing about the Fuji X's, you can have them with you without making a big fuss about it or being obvious!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Here's what it looks like before you get in!

Thanks for the er, preview! :)

Went to the show yesterday. Prices at the show weren't particularly cheap. Talked to SLR Magic about their lenses (anyone tried these?) but found a better offer on their website! Looked at the Billingham Hadley Small bag but it's bigger than I thought. I imagined it to be about the same size as the Dome 5XB but it isn't. The price was cheaper than the RRP but even from the shops it's a few pounds cheaper than there.

Plenty of talks and demos though and it was an interesting day out.

That sounds as though it was extremely interesting. Glad you all enjoyed it.

I hope that Apple fanboy managed to mingle, mix, network, explore and enjoy the whole experience rather than being glued to being present at his stall for the entire session.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
That sounds as though it was extremely interesting. Glad you all enjoyed it.

I hope that Apple fanboy managed to mingle, mix, network, explore and enjoy the whole experience rather than being glued to being present at his stall for the entire session.

Not much of a chance for that! Just got home 20 minutes ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.