The Picture when cutting on computer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tomcorbett28, Nov 14, 2014.

1. tomcorbett28 macrumors member

You know the picture that shows up above the name of the computer when to turn it on. What is the best way to changed that picture. I have a hp logo and I want to change it to some in the picture folder if I can. What is the easiest way to do this.
    Thank you so very much,
    Tom

2. nobodyjustwalks macrumors regular

I think youʻre talking about System Preferences > Users & Groups, click on your picture and it will allow you to choose a different one.

3. sebseb macrumors 6502

sebseb

Why is there a HP logo on an Apple product?? You sure you bought a Mac?
    And if it's a computer that belongs to HP, it would explain why their line of laptops are starting to look like MBPs!

4. tomcorbett28 thread starter macrumors member

The reason the HP logo was there was everything from our HP Notebook came on the Mac Book Pro and I never tried to fixed until today. But if I cannot change to what I want it will stay.

----------

Oh! The Apple Store did this too.

5. tomcorbett28 thread starter macrumors member

How can I get a picture to the Users & Group area. These that are there I don't like any that there. And I don't know why the Apple store let it stay.
    Thanks,
    Tom

----------

How can I get a picture to the Users & Group area. Maybe one or two of them. Those that are there I don't like any that there.
    I have some good pictures in the Picture folder.
    Thanks,
    Tom

----------

How can I get a picture to the Users & Group area. Maybe one or two of them. Those that are there I don't like any that there.
    I have some good pictures in the Picture folder.
    Thanks,
    Tom

6. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Click on the system preferences icon in your dock. (It looks like a gear)

Find Users & Groups (4th row, 1st column).

Click on your desktop picture, and it should pop up allowing you to edit it.

You can drag and drop a picture in from another location.

7. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Those user pictures are located in the /LibraryUser Pictures folder.
    You can experiment by adding your own graphics files to that folder...

8. tomcorbett28 thread starter macrumors member

I think there are 9 pictures to choose but I don't like any of them. Can you bring another in there.

9. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Scroll on those user pictures, there should be more than 30.
    You can see how many there are on your system in the /Library/User Pictures folder - look there to see all user pcitures that your system includes.
    I have more than 50, but haven't added to the stock ones for about 10 years, I suppose.
    Yes , you can use your own pictures. There will be limits to how much detail you can see. Most of my user pictures are between 100 and 500 KB, if that will help. I have some that are .tif files, and others that are .png files. That should help you with choices for pictures...

10. tomcorbett28 thread starter macrumors member

Am having trouble getting to the user Picture Folder. I know what you are talking in PC I think but Am still feel stupide with the Mac. But it is fun learning.

11. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Hard drive
    Library
    User Pictures.

My easy method to get there:
    Open any folder in finder.
    In the side bar, right-click on Applications - and, from that right-click menu, click on "Show in enclosing folder" You will now be at the root of the hard drive, with Applications, Library, System and Users showing, as a minimum. there may be other items, but those 4 will always be there.
    Double-click the Library folder. There are a 60 or 70 folders there, and one will be the User Pictures folder, which is what you are looking for.
    If you have a likely image that you can try, just drag and drop that image file to that folder. Open the pref pane that shows you the pictures where you can select your picture. You will probably need to close the pane, if you left it open, so the selection window can update with your own picture....

12. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Click on "FINDER" > click finder next to apple icon upper left side of screen > click on "Preference" from the drop down list > Scroll down the list and find "Pictures" > click on the empty box so now it will appear in "Finder" along with the other lists. That is now your Picture folder > Go to "System Preference" again > click on "Desktop and Screen Saver" and you will find the picture folder.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      66.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      71.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      165.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      208.2 KB
      Views:
  13. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

That's good information, but is not what the OP asked. He wants to change the picture or graphic used for the user account login - the user picture, not the desktop picture.

14. tomcorbett28 thread starter macrumors member

Hello,
    I'm talking about the little picture that you see when the computer is first turn and you see the picture above the user's name or name of computer and then below the name is the box where you login.
    I have a feeling that maybe you cannot add or deleted the pictures. I would love to changed it.
    These pictures that I'm talking about are all in Users & Groups folder.
    Thank you for all your help in is really appreciated.
    Tom

15. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Those pictures can be changed in your Users & Groups pane, by clicking on the picture there. It will show the OTHER pictures that you can use.
    You can drop other kinds of graphics files in the User Pictures folder - which is located, as I said, in the /Library folder at the root of your hard drive. I just tried dragging a .jpg to that User Pictures folder, and I changed my login picture to that new picture by using the User & Groups pane. Works great!

16. tomcorbett28 thread starter macrumors member

Well Delta Mac,
    I read your reply several times. And I just kept looking for it. And I found the picture that I wanted in there.
    Thanks looking for it next to the HP local and I will keep that picture and maybe move different pictures in there once in awhile.
    Thank you soooooooooooo much for sticking with me.
    Thank you again,
    Tom