Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Many of you who read the political forums know that I recently moved to a new neighborhood in Chicago. This man is one of the reasons I love it so much. I first saw him a few weeks after I moved here and just thought he was one of the most interesting things about the neighborhood. He would always sit in the same place and feed pigeons, but they seemed to really like him. They would sit all over him and he seemed to love that. Most people would be horrified at the thought of a pigeon sitting on them, but not this guy. Everyone in the neighborhood always talked about him and how much they liked seeing him around all the time.

I know no one here may really care, but I just thought I'd post this article they did in the Tribune on him. Go and read it if you want- it's a nice story about a truly unique person who will be missed more than he could possibly know. Here's a pic of him that goes with the article.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-pigeonman_20dec20,0,7325168.story

Attachments

• 34336319.jpg
    34336319.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,728

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Yeah, it is. But it's also really beautiful. We're all going to miss him a lot. He was fixture in the neighborhood. We're hoping someone takes over for him. Thanks for the reply Cassie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.