The Pixmania.com devil...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by legreve, Apr 6, 2011.

1. legreve macrumors regular

legreve

Well... I was so anxious to get the Vertex 3 that I jumped on Pixmanias offer to deliver faster than any other mainland suppliers and even cheaper. Therefore I cancelled my order at always reliable Dustin.dk. I shouldn't have done that :S

What happend is this.

I cancel at Dustin having found better price and faster delivery.
    I order at Pixmania.com
    They write they'd be able to send the item from april 1st.
    April 1st comes, but the date gets pushed to april 5th.
    April 5th comes, but the date gets pushed to april 8th.
    I write them to cancel my order, and here's where then chain comes off the wheel...
    After cancelling, I immediately check my bank account, and I'll be damned... the bastards reserved the cash amount for the item.
    First of all, I don't see a reason why they would reserve money in advance for an item they don't even have in stock and by pushing the dates give me the impression that they wont likely have it any time soon.
    But the worst I think is reserving the money after I cancel... what the hell!?

I my nerdrage I ofcourse head straight out to look at reviews (yeah... next time do that before I buy something... I know) and atleast in Denmark where I live, Pixmania.com is getting hammered for bad service, faulty items, and a logistics circus when returning items (mind you, apparently you pay for returning the item yourself :O... hallo, are we living in the 90s??)

So do yourself the favor, don't buy at Pixmania, the reduced price is not worth the trouble you'll go through in case something is wrong :(

2. abriwin macrumors member

Pixmania woes

I heartily agree, I even paid for a Pixmania card to get discounts and better service. It doesn't work, the discounts are only applied to special items.
    As to service, what service? I bought a Nikon Coolpix that had a screen that failed after only 10 days. By the time I had an authorisation to return the item, not in my country but to their office in France, by the time they had sent it to Nikon to confirm there was a problem with the camera and eventually got a refund it took over three months! That was three months of complaining, writing to head office, what aggravation!

Pixmania gets my thumbs down, terrible service.

3. alecgold macrumors 65816

alecgold

Same here in Holland, awful service and always pushing the dates if they haven't got it in stock. Within a week might end up being within 6 months. perhaps.

4. legreve thread starter macrumors regular

legreve

curse of the vertex

Hehe, I'm considering changing the thread title to "the curse of the vertex"....
    After the pixmania episode, I started scouring again and came across WWW.csv-direct.de. apparently they had the 240 gb in stock so I went ahead and ordered it... they have 4.75 on the 5 point European scale so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

To my dismay I found out that I had to pay by money transfer. But it was with full bank details and such so still ok.
    I paid the money and so on and even did a screens of the payment in process and afterwards the payment completed and emailed it to them. I know it takes some days to get there but wanted to.make sure my order was still ok.
    So I made the transfer thursday and then checked Monday and tuesday. As it hadn't arrived Tuesday I wrote them again that the money was enroute and that they shouldn't.cancel my order. They wrote a reassuring mail back that I shouldn't worry and that money transfers always took time.
    Phew I thought...

Today... I received an auto mail that my order had been cancelled because of missing payment! An hour ago I looked at the website and they had now confirmed my payment, but the 240 was out of stock! Wtf!!! And no estimated stock date... argh!
    Curse you vertex! Apparently its not meant to be...

5. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Not as big a hassle as yours but I ordered a TV off pixmania (UK) and it came with a Euro plug. Phoned to complain and they sent me an adapter.

Not a big deal but I was a bit miffed that they didnt advertise it as Eur plug. I'm a bit paranoid about having it plugged to an adapter all the time (not sure why!)

6. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

Pixmania is owned by DSGi - yes, the dreaded Currys, PC World cowboys!!

I was once going to buy a camera from there because it was so cheap. Thankfully, the 'If it's too good to be true ..." adage sprang to mind didn't go through with it.

- D

7. pixmanfurious macrumors newbie

Pixmania Customer (lack of Service): Commercial ethics of Atilla The Hun

I have a new mission… I want everyone to know what a bunch of unprincipled money-grabbing people Pixmania are.

I ordered a Tomtom Sat Nav on 31 May 2011 and immediately paid £234.89 by Visa. Pixmania sent an email advising despatch but on 8th June, DHL showed the parcel had been delivered on 6th which was impossible because we were away. The time tracking also showed it left the depot and was delivered six minutes later! The signatory data was a strange DHL code which I was subsequently told (by DHL) meant that the parcel had been sent by Pixmania and delivered to their depot – and not to my address!

I phoned Pixmnia to report non-delivery and I was told quite bluntly that I had to sign a sworn statement for non-delivery and send them copy of my ID. They would not even start investigating until they had this and told me it would take “up to 7 working days”. Here’s the really dirty bit - while all this was going they increased the price of the item.

Some 30 emails and unanswered phone calls later, Pixmania finally emailed on 20 June to say the parcel had been lost. I asked for a replacement but they refunded my payment 3 days later saying, “our partner warehouse cannot afford to reship”. I told them they were in breach of contract and they should supply the item I ordered at the price agreed but they flatly refused even when I told them I will report them to the OFT. In the end I ordered elsewhere and it cost me £35 extra.

This underhand and dishonest attitude is utterly disgraceful. They had my money for nearly three weeks, would not lift a finger to respond when I told them what DHL had said and then they tried to screw me on the price.

I am reporting them to the OFT but one thing is sure: they will never, ever take one penny from me, or my family or and hopefully anybody who reads this report.

8. pixmanfurious macrumors newbie

Pixmania Customer (lack of Service): Commercial ethics of Atilla The Hun

I have a new mission… I want everyone to know what a bunch of unprincipled money-grabbing people Pixmania are.

I ordered a Tomtom Sat Nav on 31 May 2011 and immediately paid £234.89 by Visa. Pixmania sent an email advising despatch but on 8th June, DHL showed the parcel had been delivered on 6th which was impossible because we were away. The time tracking also showed it left the depot and was delivered six minutes later! The signatory data was a strange DHL code which I was subsequently told (by DHL) meant that the parcel had been sent by Pixmania and delivered to their depot – and not to my address!

I phoned Pixmnia to report non-delivery and I was told quite bluntly that I had to sign a sworn statement for non-delivery and send them copy of my ID. They would not even start investigating until they had this and told me it would take “up to 7 working days”. Here’s the really dirty bit - while all this was going they increased the price of the item.

Some 30 emails and unanswered phone calls later, Pixmania finally emailed on 20 June to say the parcel had been lost. I asked for a replacement but they refunded my payment 3 days later saying, “our partner warehouse cannot afford to reship”. I told them they were in breach of contract and they should supply the item I ordered at the price agreed but they flatly refused even when I told them I will report them to the OFT. In the end I ordered elsewhere and it cost me £35 extra.

This underhand and dishonest attitude is utterly disgraceful. They had my money for nearly three weeks, would not lift a finger to respond when I told them what DHL had said and then they tried to screw me on the price.

I am reporting them to the OFT but one thing is sure: they will never, ever take one penny from me, or my family or and hopefully anybody who reads this report.