The podcasts app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jetsrock, Jul 26, 2012.

1. jetsrock macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted

What a load of crap! Incredibly slow and unresponsive. I keep having to close and reopen it. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

2. jetsrock thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted

Update now available from the app store. I never use the term 'lol' but now I can...lol

3. brandyboot macrumors member

brandyboot

hahahaha... yeah... now is the right time for that... you made me smile, really. thanks! :D

4. jetsrock thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted

Even with the update the app still sucks. The fundamental problems that existed with the previous version are still there. Seriously wtf?? This wouldn't happen if Steve Jobs was still alive.

5. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Really? Remember the initial release of something called Mobile Me?

6. urkel macrumors 68030

Apple releasing Siri relatively unfinished is understandable because they needed a marquis feature to sell iPhones. But what was their rush in releasing an unfinished podcasts app?

Even though I use Downcast, Ive tried very hard to switch to Podcasts simply because I try to stick to Apple software if possible. But this app just wasn't ready.
    - Deleted podcasts keep regenerating into playlists
    - No chapter details
    - Other iOS devices don't sync subscriptions so you have to do each one individually
    - Podcasts don't sync so you can continue on another device
    - Frequent crashing
    - No options to delete finished podcasts
    - Very high heat when streaming
    - UI tape recorder metaphor wastes space

I know some people claim to have zero issues but if you look at the reviews on iTunes then clearly there are issues going on here. And its very surprising that Apple seems to have no interest in make it a priority to fix them. I still try to use this as my primary podcasts app (with downcast as a backup) but overall the app is broken.