The price for diagnostics and repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jushich, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Jushich macrumors newbie

Hi people!

How much will it be to make a diagnostics and to fix two year old macbook pro? It is slow, overheating, loosing wi-fi connection for no reason, slow with browsing, opening everything.... Such a pain!

Thanks in advance!

2. bbishop93 macrumors regular

Never pay for diagnostics, such a ripoff and you can do it just as easily yourself. Search check disk verify disk and disk permissions and then there's also a way to check fans, CPU, GPU, wifi card, etc. I forget what the test is called I haven't had a make yet waiting for haswell rMBP but I've worked with repairing them at my tech place, Macs are pretty easy to clean up or at least discover the problem, everything is pretty much built in. Don't pay for diagnostics they'll charge you 50-150$ just for running tests already built into the machine. Do some research online and you could fix/speed up your macbook for free :D There is no sense ever paying for diagnostics unless you legitimately know nothing about your computer.

3. ramram55 macrumors 6502

How much ram you have ? and the model of the mbp ?
    Should you consider upgrade your ram and install SSD drive, may speed up you mbp.

4. Doward macrumors 6502a

Depends on where you take it.

If you come in and ask me to diagnose your system, I charge you $25 for it. If you want me to fix it, that $25 is applied toward to cost of repairs.

Time's not free, lol!

5. Bear macrumors G3

This is actually quite a reasonable price for this. And a reasonable policy.