the price of the macbook pro 17 "

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by albertobrioso, Jul 22, 2007.

1. albertobrioso macrumors newbie

i found a site that sell macbook pro 17 " in jsut 2100 shipped and all brand new,

this is it

http://www.bestforbuy.ecrater.com

why are macbook so cheap there while in apple they are about 2700.00

please answers because im thinking in buy one.

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

There's zero feedback for this site so I'd be hesitant, besides the fact that it's being sold for so much under retail.

Edit: Not to mention this site is riddled with spelling errors, the "costumer SERVICE" e-mail address is: nothingtocome@hotmail.com
    I smell a rat.

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

It sounds like a scam to me... Especially because of the lack of customer feedback

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

It's a scam. They have no phone number and no physical address listed. Just ignore it and move on.

5. viperguy macrumors 6502

viperguy

Scam... you just have to keep in mind that, usually, if it sounds too good to be true, it's because it actually is

6. albertobrioso thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks to all of you, because i already bought one, and well google checkout offer me protection against fraud and stuff, but there has been 3 days already and no tracking information, i hope that nothing happen with my money , i have contacted the that email nothingtocome@hotmail.com but no answer yet, and google says that it is normal the process can be in hold for 7 seven , seller decision .

in case it is scam , i can do charge back right??

7. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Edit: Okay after reading a few posts from Albertobriso, this guy sounds like he's behind this shady site ecrater.com. Doesn't surprise me that he's now In Time-Out.

8. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

they're at it again. if you search for stuff on froogle, check the customer reviews and ratings! one deal on ecrater.com listed a seller in indonesia that only accepted cashier's checks!! :mad:

here ya go.

9. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Great find there. I hate to say it but with an e-mail address of nothingtocome@hotmail.com, it can only hint that nothing will be coming in the mail. A fool and his money are soon parted. Man I wouldn't doubt that there are scammers perusing this site but it's annoying to find out that when someone comes on here asking whether such and such is a good deal and you try and point out the obvious that it's a scam, they, in the end, turn out to be the scammers.