Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
There's zero feedback for this site so I'd be hesitant, besides the fact that it's being sold for so much under retail.

Edit: Not to mention this site is riddled with spelling errors, the "costumer SERVICE" e-mail address is: nothingtocome@hotmail.com
I smell a rat.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

It sounds like a scam to me... Especially because of the lack of customer feedback

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
It's a scam. They have no phone number and no physical address listed. Just ignore it and move on.

viperguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2005
Scam... you just have to keep in mind that, usually, if it sounds too good to be true, it's because it actually is

albertobrioso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
in miami
thanks to all of you, because i already bought one, and well google checkout offer me protection against fraud and stuff, but there has been 3 days already and no tracking information, i hope that nothing happen with my money , i have contacted the that email nothingtocome@hotmail.com but no answer yet, and google says that it is normal the process can be in hold for 7 seven , seller decision .

in case it is scam , i can do charge back right??

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Edit: Okay after reading a few posts from Albertobriso, this guy sounds like he's behind this shady site ecrater.com. Doesn't surprise me that he's now In Time-Out.

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
they're at it again. if you search for stuff on froogle, check the customer reviews and ratings! one deal on ecrater.com listed a seller in indonesia that only accepted cashier's checks!! :mad:

here ya go.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Great find there. I hate to say it but with an e-mail address of nothingtocome@hotmail.com, it can only hint that nothing will be coming in the mail. A fool and his money are soon parted. Man I wouldn't doubt that there are scammers perusing this site but it's annoying to find out that when someone comes on here asking whether such and such is a good deal and you try and point out the obvious that it's a scam, they, in the end, turn out to be the scammers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.