"The Print Shop" question

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by pertusis1, Jul 8, 2019.

1. pertusis1 macrumors 6502

Long time macrumors user here, but I do not usually follow this forum. I thought I'd see if anyone here can offer a suggestion for me.

I have been using 'The Print Shop' since Apple IIc in the '80s, and my kids have used it a ton in the recent past. From what I can tell, Broderbund (Encore) and MacKiev are locked in a lawsuit, and the software looks to become abandonware. I'm running Print Shop 3, but it is unstable on both of our computers (Mac Pro 5,1 and Mac mini). Print Shop 4 is 'not available' on MacKiev's website on account of the lawsuit with Encore. The current version of print shop on the Mac App store has not had an update in over a year, and is at this point over 4 years old. The app store has two reviews, the most recent being 2 years ago. I'm not optimistic about the future of this product.

That being said, do y'all have any suggestions for desktop publishing type software that does the sort of stuff that Print Shop did. I know it was kind of a wonky project, but it's used more than any other software in our house.

Thanks,

2. organicCPU macrumors 6502a

organicCPU

3. dwfaust macrumors 603

dwfaust

Wow. I didn't realize that this program was still around... not aware of anything similar... back in the day, The Print Shop ruled the world... cheezy birthday cards printed with grossly pixelated graphics... I'm feeling a bit nostalgic at the moment. :D

4. pertusis1 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. MisterSavage macrumors 65816

MisterSavage

Mind blown that it was still around a few years ago. People today wouldn't understand how huge it was to be able to create things with it when computers at home were so not common.

6. organicCPU macrumors 6502a

organicCPU

From inside Europe the order process is straight forward and US can be selected in the last step (that I don't like to do ;-). Yes, maybe you should try ordering through a proxy server or VPN…
    ThePrintShop1.jpg ThePrintShop1.jpg ThePrintShop2.jpg ThePrintShop3.jpg ThePrintShop4.jpg