Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

"The Print Shop" question

pertusis1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
Texas
Long time macrumors user here, but I do not usually follow this forum. I thought I'd see if anyone here can offer a suggestion for me.

I have been using 'The Print Shop' since Apple IIc in the '80s, and my kids have used it a ton in the recent past. From what I can tell, Broderbund (Encore) and MacKiev are locked in a lawsuit, and the software looks to become abandonware. I'm running Print Shop 3, but it is unstable on both of our computers (Mac Pro 5,1 and Mac mini). Print Shop 4 is 'not available' on MacKiev's website on account of the lawsuit with Encore. The current version of print shop on the Mac App store has not had an update in over a year, and is at this point over 4 years old. The app store has two reviews, the most recent being 2 years ago. I'm not optimistic about the future of this product.

That being said, do y'all have any suggestions for desktop publishing type software that does the sort of stuff that Print Shop did. I know it was kind of a wonky project, but it's used more than any other software in our house.

Thanks,

dwfaust

macrumors 604
Jul 3, 2011
Wow. I didn't realize that this program was still around... not aware of anything similar... back in the day, The Print Shop ruled the world... cheezy birthday cards printed with grossly pixelated graphics... I'm feeling a bit nostalgic at the moment. :D

Reactions: organicCPU
Comment

MisterSavage

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2018
Mind blown that it was still around a few years ago. People today wouldn't understand how huge it was to be able to create things with it when computers at home were so not common.

Comment

organicCPU

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2016
Shows unavailable at this time. Perhaps if I use a VPN?..
From inside Europe the order process is straight forward and US can be selected in the last step (that I don't like to do ;-). Yes, maybe you should try ordering through a proxy server or VPN…
ThePrintShop1.jpg
ThePrintShop1.jpg
ThePrintShop2.jpg
ThePrintShop3.jpg
ThePrintShop4.jpg

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.