Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
I don't think it will be that hard to tell the difference. First of all, Coverflow is optional in both applications. Odds are, you won't have then configured the same.

Add in the fact that unless you design album art, your finder documents won't look like album art.

Then, add in the difference in the buttons/the lack of equalizer...etc.

Then, add in the fact that exposé actually shows you the name of the window, in case you can't identify it right away.

Masquerade

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2007
gray is not my favorite color and look.. those buttons.

i like much the old way of a cocoa-fully customizable icon toolbar under stripes, rather than (8px)^2-little-only form-of-icon inside a button.:cool:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i very much doubt it'll be a problem. different window sizes, different characteristics per app will solve this quite simply.

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.
I really like the brushed aluminum look. I hope there is an option to use it in Leopard. Kind of like how Windows XP and Vista have the option for the "Classic" Start menu.

We'll see what happens, I have my doubts, but we will see.

maxrobertson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
Jakarta
I really like the brushed aluminum look. I hope there is an option to use it in Leopard. Kind of like how Windows XP and Vista have the option for the "Classic" Start menu.

We'll see what happens, I have my doubts, but we will see.

There will be no option. Apple has changed the interface several times, often more drastically and they have never given an option. It's just not the way it works.

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
I'm excited, but I'm worried they won't do it right. Apple either needs to go full-blown Illuminous or stick with Aqua. Having a mostly Illuminous interface with some Aqua elements such as buttons looks really crappy in my opinion.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I like it in UNO, I've been loving it in Leopard Beta. I'm going to love it even better in the regular 10.5 release. It's not as confusing as you'd think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.