The process of switching from AT&T to Verizon... questions...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by canyonblue737, Sep 10, 2012.

1. canyonblue737 macrumors 6502a

I am now out of AT&T contract on both my wife's and my own iPhone 4 from 2010. After 4 years with AT&T I intend to switch to Verizon due to their LTE coverage (I travel as an airline pilot and nearly all of our cities are covered by LTE on Verizon.)

What is the process when they release the new iPhone 5? I intend to order online at apple.com ...

Do I simply buy 2 of the Verizon version and then once they are delivered you call Verizon to activate them giving Verizon your old AT&T phone numbers and some password or something and they contact AT&T to initiate the change? Or do I need some kind of AT&T confirmation BEFORE I can even order the Verizon phones? How does it work, its been 4 years since I switched carriers and this is the first time I am going smartphone to smartphone so I don't quite remember the process.

What do I need to do to be "ready"? Thanks.

2. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I was told by a Verizon rep that I can preorder the phone and they will set up a new account for me with temporary number. Charges will not begin until I physically activate the phone. At that point I can then port my number over, which will end my AT&T service.