Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stevendiep

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2015
Hi all,

Seeing the development of artificial intelligence (AI) has made me coming up many thoughtful ideas. One of which I would like to bring up into discussion is AI replacing human in coding/developing softwares.

When it comes to human coding softwares, the engineers will not be able to throughroughly test the software in real-life scenarios to spot bugs or errors. Even if they are able to, it would take up to months or years to test and debug the software, meaning that it will be costly, risk of falling behind from their competitors. Whereas, if possible, AI will be able to program softwares, debug and patch even before the softwares come to users. Not even so, AI will also be able to simulate daily usage of users based on limitless resources and information. Then, there will be no softwares in beta, no more debuggings, no more patches. There will only be updates and upgrades :)) More importantly, software companies will no longer need software engineers.

With the improving AI technologies, I have a strong faith in the days in which there will only be competition between different AI systems. As an end user, we are the ones who will receive the benefits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.