The proper way to unplug iPhone?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by calvinc, Aug 16, 2010.

1. calvinc macrumors member

When I use other digital devices I usually have to safely reject the devices. But when I plug in my iPhone 4, I don't see an option on the computer for me to safely reject. Is it ok to just pull the phone out? :eek:

2. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

There is an eject button in iTunes and I guess it's recommended to use that but I honestly don't use it every time and I haven't ever had any problems.

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

As long as it's not sync'ing, then just pull out the cord.

4. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Apple never tell you to safely eject, unless it's syncing. If you're iPhone isn't syncing, then you can go ahead and pull it. Because when it's plugged in, all it does is charge, so you can't really mess anything up. So yeah, don't worry about it, just pull it out. I don't think anyone ever safely ejects iPhones or any other iDevices.

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

When I plug my iPhone into my home computer iTunes automatically opens up (I know I can change this feature, but I prefer it this way).

Under 'Controls' at the top of iTunes is a drop box with 'eject iPhone'. I always click that before unplugging my phone.

As others have stated above, probably not necessary but it is such a habit now and I like to play it safe.