The public is paying attention?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Small White Car, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm used to people knowing what iPhones are. They even hear about launch dates on the news.

But since yesterday I've had a waitress and a security guard see my phone and ask me if it was the new phone. And no, they weren't guessing, they really did know exactly what the new one looks like.

This is the first time that I can recall that I've met non-nerd members of the public who could quickly identify the difference between 2 different versions of an Apple product.

I'm not saying this never happened before, I'm just saying that the general public seems to be more attuned to the iPhone 4 than they have for past models.

I predict that this is very good news for Apple.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

So your telling us that security guards and waitresses can't be geeks, techies, or nerds?

3. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I was talking to a policeman yesterday, and I pulled out my iPhone to check something, and he said " Is that the new iphone?" I said yes, and he said " I hear there having a few issues" :(

4. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

I'm noticing this too. I had coworkers and friends that are no where near being an Apple nerd or techie or whatever you want to call it, actually watching updates from the WWDC Keynote, I was shocked they even knew what it was let alone watching for the live updates. It's kind of crazy, and in a way I don't feel as special anymore, LOL.

5. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Apple is very smart when it comes to marketing to the masses. They make "phones that everyone can use" and that's exactly what makes a successful product.

6. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Yesterday I met someone with a 3GS, they didn't know the iPhone had apps to download.

He also said "What's voice control?" :confused:

Perhaps they should sign people up for a free training course after making a purchase at Apple for non-geeks :)

7. Small White Car thread starter macrumors G4

Small White Car

No, I told you that ONE waitress and ONE security guard were not geeks.

I didn't meet every waitress yesterday. That would have taken a long time.

8. CactusHawk macrumors regular

:D...

9. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

Those silly Android users never give up do they :p

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

So, so awesome :D

11. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

yup was at PF Changs last night at the mall and while waiting there were at least 6 people wanting to look at my i4 and asking me how I got it so fast? Um delivery? The waitress saw it and wanted to see it. While I was at Barnes & Noble 2 girls came up to me all giddy wanting to see it.

12. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

I have a friend who bought a 3GS a few months ago, I told him the 4.0 update was available and he could update his phone. He said how do I do that. I told him plug it in to the computer and click check for update in iTunes. His response: "You can plug it into the computer".:)

13. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Apple products are instant panty droppers... lol

There's probably an app for that :)