The Raptor 150 10K RPM - question.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jebaloo, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

Hey, I'm thinking about getting this drive for my new MacPro when I get it to storore the OS and main programs on.

I've found various places to buy it online, and am a bit confused because prices to seem to vary wildly. I've found these two:

Product Code:WD1500AHFD
    http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=40JB

Product Code:WD1500ADFD
    http://www.cancomuk.com/products/se...TA 1.5GB/S 10K RPM 4.5MS 16MB CACHE Int S-ATA

The product codes differ between the two, although they seem to be the same product. There isn't a different Mac and PC version is there?

I just don't want to order the wrong thing!

2. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

The WD1500ADFD is the "normal" drive, the AHFD is for computer "enthusiasts" and has a clear case so you can see inside. Go for the ADFD, and that cancom site is extortionate in price. Dabs isn't working for me right now, but check out the pricing on www.scan.co.uk as it'll be the same or cheaper most likely, though maybe not after postage is figured in.

3. Jebaloo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Umbongo, the price difference was £80, and now I can go for the cheaper one without worrying.

4. DavidCL23 macrumors 6502

Great choice on Hard Drive, I have one in my dell XPS 410, it now loads in half the time compared to the original dell raid array of two samasung 7200rpm drives!

5. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

6. Jebaloo thread starter macrumors 6502

That's amazing! with the dollar pound exchange rate at the mo, I could practically afford two.

I can't find it on their site, but does anyone know if New Egg post worldwide?

7. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

No they don't.

8. Jebaloo thread starter macrumors 6502

Ach, such is life. Apparently wee Brits are loaded, or something.

9. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

:mad: .

I wish I had space for one, I'd throw it on my plastic right now and deal with the consequences later...:rolleyes: