The real iPhone Killer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hutch1, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Here's the real iPhone Killer

http://www.gdc4s.com/content/detail.cfm?item=32640fd9-0213-4330-a742-55106fbaff32

and only about $3500.

I wonder what the subsidized contract length would be, generational?

To hell with MMS, I want my classified email and classified phone app.

I searched the iStore for NSA but didn't find anything, must be stuck in approval behind the classified fart and classified flashlight app.

2. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Does it have Google Street View or Podcasts over 3G? If not, then total fail! ;)

3. jlwillia macrumors regular

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

5. Hutch1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

It's not bobama@mac.com? :D

7. jlwillia macrumors regular

Please tell me that was sarcasm. You don't really think the e-mail address of the President would become public knowledge do you?

8. Hutch1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Yes it was humor like the rest of the thread, hence the little guy with his tongue out at the end. Its not really sarcasm, just humor.

You are the brightest one on this forum. (that would be sarcasm)

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I want to slap the people who are calling the device a BlackBerry when its not. Is "smart phone" too hard to say? Some idiot called the device a PDA. Technically true, but that's like calling a Mac Pro an electric typewriter.

I wish more people in the media understood technology. The "something big happens, look at what Twitter does" crap gets old and reeks of your grandma being amazed at the television being in color.

10. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Haven't you learned? All touch screen phones are iPhones and all phones with fixed, physical keyboards are Blackberries. I don't think any other types exist. ;)

11. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Wow! Where can I get one!

I'd LOVE to be able to pay ten times the value of a product!

Sigh. And people wonder why the US government has issues with its budget. This device is a good example: it does nothing particularly special that other hardware/software doesn't do (with the possible exception of the CAC reader) -- but since it's certified as complying with all sorts of impressive-looking standards, it's sold for 5-10 times its value.

12. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    The NSA certified Sectera Edge phone

Just some notes on the possible Obama "Secure Blackberry", from someone who was in tactical Electronic Warfare (read: combat conditions) and has specified field units for both military and civilian uses:

1) It's a Windows CE device. Pity, no cool themes like WM has, for the POTUS. But CE is reliable and fast, especially compared to its weaker nephew WM.

2) When you make a device that is only bought in the few hundreds or thousands, and it can stand a six hour dust storm, water, cold, heat, repeated drops to concrete... then yeah, it has to cost several thousand dollars apiece.

13. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Don't forget that all little boxes with headphones are "MP3 players" even though someone who has bought all their music from iTunes doesn't have any mp3s on their iPod. Digital media players, folks!

I live in the land of "Co-Cola," so you can imagine how much my head spins. At least I never learned the "can you Xerox this?" deal.

14. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

All little boxes with headphones = mp3 players = iPods

15. gjw4u macrumors 6502