Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
Forget about scratches.

Whatever. The material is nice, feels really good to the touch, and anyone who claims the cases won’t hold up literally hasn’t had one long enough to know or has sliced it intentionally.

The true problem is the seam between the back and sides. It’s too sharp and noticeable. And annoying. I haven’t watched all of the review/influencer videos because I find them vapid and clickbaity as a rule. Have any of them noticed this? Because this is why I’ll be looking for different case. Not because of whining about scracthes.

raythompsontn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2023
I just got my woven case, in blue. I find the case to be OK. Yes there is a seam between the sides and the back, such seam missing from the leather cases. I don't know if that is going to be a big deal.

The case feels OK, protects the sides and edges of the screen, and protects the back and the cameras.

Leather and silicone cases do not have the seam issue. Yes, the case will acquire and show marks. Is that going to be a big deal? I don't think so. The case is taking the abuse and absorbing the marks, doing what the case is designed.

I also don't understand Apple stating the woven case is more environmentally responsible. Leather is from slaughtered cows. Using the small pieces of leather for a case seems to be a responsible use of the byproduct of meat production. Those who think otherwise need to dispose of leather wallets, leather belts, leather purses, leather car interiors, leather shoes and anything else that uses leather.

Last edited:

mrbjr

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2017
Central Cali
I have been using the fine woven case since day one on a 15 PM and it has been great. I do not baby it and have no scratches and even the seam that many writers complained about has blended in quite nicely. It fits perfectly and the buttons are flawless. Obviously this is only my opinion and your mileage may vary.
Have wonderful New Year.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
I just got my woven case, in blue. I find the case to be OK. Yes there is a seam between the sides and the back, such seam missing from the leather cases. I don't know if that is going to be a big deal.

The case feels OK, protects the sides and edges of the screen, and protects the back and the cameras.

Leather and silicone cases do not have the seam issue. Yes, the case will acquire and show marks. Is that going to be a big deal? I don't think so. The case is taking the abuse and absorbing the marks, doing what the case is designed.

I also don't understand Apple stating the woven case is more environmentally responsible. Leather is from slaughtered cows. Using the small pieces of leather for a case seems to be a responsible use of the byproduct of meat production. Those who think otherwise need to dispose of leather wallets, leather belts, leather purses, leather car interiors, leather shoes and anything else that uses leather.
Yeah, I don’t get why they took the environmental stance on this either. I’d really love to hear what the rationale was for creating this new material.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.