Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
You're right, ATT can't possibly have two things going on at the same time in a company of thousands upon thousands of employees!

Sherlock?

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Extended lunch breaks I suppose..

P.S- you know that rolling eyes icon represents :Sarcasm:

I know. In the way you employed sarcasm in your post you were saying "They don't have their priorities straight". Because of this, you think that streaming TV in Florida was somehow higher on their priority list than MMS'ing for iPhones, which is why I responded the way I did.

coolwater

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
AT&T is very lucky to have the biggest competitive advantage in wireless phone industry called, 'iPhone monopoly'.

cpljwlusmc

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2008
coolwater has a point. They're the only company with the iPhone in the US. We are at their mercy. It's not like we can go to another network (really we can, but the phone doesn't work the same), and I doubt anyone is going to move to Canada for MMS.

Basically, we get it when they say we get it.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I doubt we will ever see TV on the iPhone considering AT&T can't even get basic functions for it out on time. Plus, Apple will never develop an app for it as it would compete with iTunes. Besides, with their monopoly, AT&T really doesn't have to develop anything for the iPhone. It sells itself.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Why?

Because ATT CEO, Randall Stephenson, is a poster here and gets his morning laugh reading all your posts

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008
Tethering and MMS have been available on ATT's 3G network for years now. Oh...you're talking about tethering and MMS on the iPhone.

kdarling

macrumors P6

That story is about using MediaFLO capable phones, which have a Qualcomm mobile TV receiver chip.

In other words, only specially equipped phones can view the shows, and only in areas where the channels are broadcast (usually in big cities), and for ~ $15-30 a month.

As other people have noted, there are many subgroups within carriers. One usually has very little connection to the other. MediaFLO is very far removed from MMS/tethering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.