The real secret behind putting on screen protectors perfectly.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

For weeks I have tried to put a screen protector on my iPhone 5. I finally figured it out. Most people do not have problem with some dust and maybe 1 or no bubbles, but if you go all out like me and want it perfect with no dust just like having no screen protector on, than this is for you:

You need:

Dish Soap
    A Credit Card/Squeegee
    Mild Rubbing Alcohol
    A clean lint free cloth
    Light Tape such as Scotch Tape or Painter's Tape

Begin by removing the screen protector with the tape, not your fingernail as your fingernail can crease the edge of the screen protector

Once it is off, run it under the sink and cover the sticky/static side with dish soap and work up a good lather

With the screen protector still wet and soapy, clean the iPhone screen with the alcohol and the cloth, wait for the alcohol to dry, then remove any dust with the tape

Now fold the screen protector slightly, a bit like a taco, with the sticky side facing down, and line up the home button, next the top part, before laying it down completely, make sure the top, bottom and sides are aligned.

Next squeegee out the bubbles

Now it should be perfect!

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

What? No! All you need is scotch tape a steady hand and a little patience. No chemicals or water needed.

3. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

So much this.

There's no need to wet anything (unless you're using a Zagg, BSE etc which are wet installs)

4. nharrietha macrumors member

You should also make sure you're not a complete idiot. ;)

5. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

6. CH34P3T macrumors regular

This.

7. dk206 macrumors regular

+

Place: Bathroom with the warm water running. Wait until the steam comes through. By that time you will have no dust as it will have sunk to the surfaces.