The Real Way to Change Menu Bar Opacity! Anyone try this yet?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheSpaz, Oct 29, 2007.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/LeopardUI.bundle/Contents/Recipes/menubar.xml

1. Open menubar.xml in PropertyList Viewer
    2. Open Root>subnodes>
    Picture 1.jpg

Look at all the different settings! Can someone try changing these and see what happens? I'm at work running Tiger, so I can't try it but, I figured the sooner I get this info out there, the sooner people can start modifying stuff. Lemme know what happens. I wanna try this out!

2. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

3. Hobofuzz macrumors regular

I spent about five hours last night changing every opacity setting in that list to 1.00000, and nothing worked.

I have a thread further down (might be on page 2 now) about this. So far, none of the changes I made in those files were reflected when I restarted. I think the real meat of the UI is in the SArtFile.bin and ArtFile.bin files in the CoreUI.framework resources directory.

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I had 3rd party software for this pre-leopard. Im on an iMac G5, 1.8GHz. I dont remember the software though...

5. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

I think I know which one you're talking about, and I actually tried once on Tiger. It's a cheap knock-off that doesn't mimic the true Leopard menu bar.

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I thought it was pretty good...